Missing piece in Sure-grip unit.

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I picked up a sure-grip unit (see picture) last weekend and it all looks to be in pretty good shape. One thing i noticed though... it seems to be missing the spider gear pinion shaft and locking screw.

Can i use the shaft from my 8.25 open diff, and put it in the sure-grip unit? Or are these shafts different? (please see attached illustration)

If they are different, can i buy a pinion shaft and set screw somewhere for cheap (or do any of you guys have one LOL).

The seller seemed to be a good guy and i'm sure that if the unit can't be used without the original pinion shaft and set screw that he'd be more than willing to do a refund, but as i mentioned the unit is in good shape and i'd really like to use it. (after cleaning it up)

Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• Sure-grip.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Axle-problem.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 149
Let me step out back. I have some parts setting on the top of a car.....Let me look. Nope...different stuff.
Small Block

Let me step out back. I have some parts setting on the top of a car.....Let me look. Nope...different stuff.
Small Block

Hi Small Block,
Just to clarify, do you mean the pinion shaft is not interchangeable, or do you mean you don't have the parts that i am asking about?

Thanks, Wilco

I dont have the parts you need but i do think the shaft and screw you need ar ethe same on opens or SG units. I maybe wrong but try the fit and see. I thought you were talking about an 8.75 till i saw the C clips.
Keep us posted.
Small Block

-
Back