missing something?!

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
i just bought this lightly used 1406 edelbrock carb from another FABO member and the part that is there stock on the linkage that the lokar kickdown linkage connects to appears to be shaved off...no wonder i was having problems hooking it up! so what do i do now? i dont have a welder fyi. would a small butane torch that you can pick up in home depot or lowes and some soder do the trick?

car%20005[2].jpg

would a small butane torch that you can pick up in home depot or lowes and some soder do the trick?

No.

You could rig something up by fabbing a bracket and bolting it on or if the guy you got the carb from never said anything about the piece being cut off see if he will give you your money back or send you the part and some money so you can get it welded back on.

Ok, heres the deal. The carb was modified by someone and the bottom half is cut off. You'll need to do what I did in my resto thread and make a plate to adapt the lokar cables up.

OE Carter carbs do not have what it takes to hook up Lokar cables and I made a plate. The plate is very thin and I painted it red so it is easy to see in the picture. Basicly, it's diamentions are a 2D of the 3D adapter bracket sold for these carbs.

Let me see IF I can find it. Ahh, here it is, the post itself.

Click this; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=91646&postcount=80

Notice that you can still use the carb by useing bolts and nuts in the left over holes. IMO, once you find the right size bolt to use, I would use a lock washer and a nylon (Lock) nut to double secure it in place.

Heres a clearer shot; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=91931&postcount=81

i think all you are missing the edelbrock adapter bracket for mopars.

I had to use this for my edelbrock. Maybe the person still needed it. It should be edelbrock part#1481 but double check that im not sure.

He is but he can not use it any longer due to the cut bottom half of the throttle arm being missing. The bracket use's the bottom half to secure it firmly in place and is a major strenth point because the bracket adapter is a "U" shape and needs that area like a leg to stay steady.

i was thinking he could just drill a another hole to make the bracket work. But i did fail to see the other missing hole. :munky2:

I was just looking at your restore page rumble and woow looking good!

Thanks, been slow, enjoying the car some. Just picked up my first jug of "Bondo" and started in on the wheel lip. More to come when time... (Time, bwa ha ha ha ha) ... allows me to do something.

OK, in short, I copied the Edelbrock bracket but added some extra material up top to use the extra large hole as a attaching point #2 along with the smaller one behind it. It has some wiggle room and needs finishing for easier fitment, but it works, not so preety, but it works. It's about 85% done. Some triming of the large fin on the outside where the throttle cable will attach.

The large nuts you see on the bolt that is useing the large hole is to steady the bracket I made. The issue is, it is made out of aluminum and it is very thin standing next to the Edelbrock bracket. So it flex's and that isn't good. The bolt with nuts adds strength and keeps the bracket from bending.

The Lokar cable will attach at the bottom as it should. The throttle cable is place where it should be. It just needs a little finishing and paint.

Whatcha think? Not bad for about 2 hours of fiddling around.

100_0571.jpg

100_0589.jpg

100_0590.jpg

100_0595.jpg

100_0586.jpg

100_0587.jpg

100_0588.jpg

very nice indeed rumble! round of applause everyone...this guy stepped in and saved a fellow moparer...in time of need! thanks man.

-
Back