Mississippi drag strip

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate the name and location of a drag strip in Mississippi. In 1960 I was stationed at Keesler AFB, at Biloxi Ms. Went to the track one time. Any of you "old timers" happened to know what/where it was? I'm trying to make a list of all the tracks I have been to since the beginning of my racing in 1958.

I think that is it. I was only there once, and don't remember very much about it. I was running a 1949 Mercury Convert, with a 303 Olds engine, and LaSale 3spd trans
Now THAT was a hot rod!

I'm trying to locate the name and location of a drag strip in Mississippi. In 1960 I was stationed at Keesler AFB, at Biloxi Ms. Went to the track one time. Any of you "old timers" happened to know what/where it was? I'm trying to make a list of all the tracks I have been to since the beginning of my racing in 1958.
Gulfport Dragstrip is just north of the Navy Seabee Base in Gulfport. I don’t remember any other ones down there on the coast but I was there in the 2000’s.

Could be Gulfport Dragway located off Canal Rd in Gulfport. Gulfport is right next to Biloxi.

I used to live in Pass Christian, before and after Hurricane Katrina. Have also lived in Long Beach and Bay Saint Louis. If you ever saw a matte green 70 ‘cuda around 2008-2010 that was me.

-
Back