mmmmmmmmm.....scrapple!

-
Any fans of this Pennsylvania Dutch treat? Been eating it all my life and love it. Wife can't stand the smell so I have to make it when shes not home or out on the grill. LOL. Its basically pig parts. Everything left over but the oink. I try not to think what its made from while eating. My favorite way is to fry it in butter untill crispy.=P~

Not the most heart healthy. The hotdog thread made me think of this.

I prefer this Pennsylvania Dutch treat.

Attachments

• New Folder.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 71
My grandfather would make fried 'very fried' egg plant and fried eggs when we were kids.
He would make our plates piled high and we couldn't go and play till we ate it all. :vom:

So, I'm guessing you're still sitting at the table?

can you put it on a stick lol
my old post i say we have a crapple /spam cook off damn im sorry i left the s out of scrapple nevermind thers plenty of s in there ,lol bring on the cook off my northern neighbors lol

ahhhh scrapple, my grandparents on both sides of my family would make me eat it. my grandfather would put Farina (dunno if they have that anymore) on it too. doesn't help I live less than an hr from amish country

Dang! I thought that was unique to where I grew up, (Southern Manitoba Mennonite bible belt). We called it cracklings and we would pour off the fat from cooking and let the debris settle. The residue was called "Graveschmalt" and we would spread it on bread. Absolutely artery clogging stuff. I'm getting chest pains just thinking about it.

-
Back