Mod/Floral Top and project change of direction

-
don't send them a dime before you can physically touch that material.
The guy I spoke with seemed quite helpful and direct about the issues with getting it and the timing. Have there been issues with Laysons over getting stuff before???? Ive never dealt with them before...

The guy I spoke with seemed quite helpful and direct about the issues with getting it and the timing. Have there been issues with Laysons over getting stuff before???? Ive never dealt with them before...

tons of issues over the years with them taking peoples money and not delivering..

tons of issues over the years with them taking peoples money and not delivering..
04D391ED-38E9-4904-A27C-2E44435413A6.gif

I bet it looked like this one, albeit without the 340 option.
1969 Dodge Dart Mod Top Swinger Edition | Motorious.com

That's a cool car. I hope you find the correct material.
Yup that's my car, minus the stripe, add "Dart Custom" belt trim and full wheel covers. Its funny how quickly things change- I almost sold the engine n trans out of it a while back!!! Now Im taking pics n documenting and worrying about date codes LOL!!! Im sure hoping Laysons comes through with that top material. Ill be lucky if im ready for it by fall, as ive got a floor pan, trunk floor and right quarter to replace, as well as small repairs around rear window and cowl...
Yeah, fall is optimistic

Last edited:
Nice find...restore that baby as close to original as you can. I also stumbled over my MODTOP too we were looking for a V8 car for the wife. We did this car ourself paint and all, it is nice but not a 100 point show car, it is as original. As far as money she has turned down 40k several times at shows and cruise ins. I think you can get the Dodge green material but the yellow is gone, if you can find any please let me know I will buy some, I plan on a yellow MOD wrap on the fastback roof. it has the fastback "slickback" option. Left over MOD material in the 2 race seats and I have door panels. Legendary can and still makes the yellow door panels I have a set coming (3 month lead time! but coming). I also have a set of original door panels I can use and will have to cut coupe panels for the fastback. AND OK pile it on guys but how many Barracuda MODTOP "promod" cars have you seen? and I and shooting for the his/hers look at shows. We get a lot of comments for the 2 cudas at shows 2 that match his/hers style is better. you either love the MODTOP or hate them, I love them odd ball and cool

You could take a high resolution picture to a sign store and I just bet they can make wrap material to wrap the top with.

Thank you for any help and advice.
There is a place here in town that does custom wraps and he is also a racer and on the phone says they can print anything. A fastback MODTOP was never ever made this is all made up but my goal is look factory made up. I plan on driving the original modtop to him and getting him to photo the car and make me the wrap. For the fastback it is just one strip no seams. This car is a 68 but the guy who bought from me 10 years ago loved the vinal top on the fastback? (I also have a 69 "slickback" barracuda) I bought the pro street car back about 2 months ago and plan on finishing it and thought PROMOD? funkey? and why not make it kinda match the yellow car. I bought and still have 5 full sheets of the "off color" repo run made 20 something years ago but it is too off color too yellow to really use on a car.

-
Back