Modern windshield wiper motors

-

FISHBREATH

Reaction score
Have any of you guys installed (if it is even possible, I don't know) a modern wiper motor and control on an older MoPar? These are on newer cars and they have multiple speeds and delay times. Here in SE Texas, weather can range from light sprinkles to whiteout conditions in minutes and I like how modern wipers handle this. Thanks.

I doubt anyone has done that since the switch for those is column mounted (signal wand). The variable imtermitent is done with a govener / controller under the dash so all the componenets and wiring would need to match.
The early 3 speed variable wiper system is close enough and one little scotch lock splicing 2 wires together will get a one sweep intermitent feature from the "push for wash" part of the switch. A seperate button will be needed for wash or the one sweep could be done with a seperate button.
Anyway it's close enough to modern for me and I'll never need a new govener at $XX.xx

Mounted a wiper motor under the dash to clean up the engine compartment. It is from a Ford Ranger, not too high tech. It's got 2 speeds and is really compact.

100_1223.JPG

100_1225.JPG

-
Back