Modifications to Offenhauser 1 1/2 carb spacer Thermoquad to Holley pattern ?

-
I knew this was gonna be good. That's why I waited until this morning to read it. I think mother invented a template to drill an la manifold to fit the magnums. Having fun and doing YOUR thing is what it's all about but if your want to be different, expect the flack.

I love to get people riled up, and In pretty Good at it. I am definitely an out of the box thinker, THERE HAS TO BE A WAY !!

I knew this was gonna be good. That's why I waited until this morning to read it. I think mother invented a template to drill an la manifold to fit the magnums. Having fun and doing YOUR thing is what it's all about but if your want to be different, expect the flack.

I do not think the distribution will be as bad as some people think.....
Because of the very thick spacer/adapter. That distance from carb exit to manifold plenum is going to give the air flow some 'breathing space' [ pardon the pun ] & allow it to stabilise.

Because of the very thick spacer/adapter. That distance from carb exit to manifold plenum is going to give the air flow some 'breathing space' [ pardon the pun ] & allow it to stabilise.
I research everything, extensively. Most of my questions are rhetorical, I already know the answers. You sir, are right on the money.
Thank you

I research everything, extensively. Most of my questions are rhetorical, I already know the answers. You sir, are right on the money.
Thank you

Sorry, but by your remarks you have very little experience with fluid dynamics because if you did you wouldn’t say what you say. There is a difference between plowing new ground and going against physics. What you are doing is incorporating huge exit losses at the carb and the spacer. Then putting the hose on it? I guess you need to learn for yourself, but you could save yourself much grief if you spent the next 30 days looking at exit losses, Reynolds numbers (which relate directly to turbulence) and watching some of Darin Morgan’s videos on his YouTube channel. Once you confound fluid flow it’s nearly impossible to fix it. I’m saying once you get the air and fuel around that mess of a spacer/adapter the mixture will be so chaotic the intake manifold and ports will have to live with it. Then, you will see that chaos on the plugs, especially the ground wire. You will have a combustion chamber that will be highly stratified. You will get detonation when there shouldn’t be any. You’ll add fuel and it won’t matter. You will pull timing and it will still have issues. The tune up window will be needle thin. That’s just for starters. You will do what you are going to do. But 30 days of study would help. I’m out.

Wow, thanks for the info i will continued to modify it until there us absolutely no way. Since I was a kid, I have always thought there was always a way something could be done. I remember a quote from Delorean. " I could get a lot more done if the damn laws of physics didnt get in the way"

Last edited:
Brooks,
Take no notice of the naysayers & some of the nonsense. Using their 'logic', a spreadbore carb can never work because you have merging air flow from small throttle bores with air flow from very large throttle bores.

Boy, you're taking this bashing pretty well Brooks James. Very commendable, also thank you for your service !

Boy, you're taking this bashing pretty well Brooks James. Very commendable, also thank you for your service !
Thanks, a ray of sunshine does wonders !
For years I Have been a non status quo guy.
I am fiercely independent , an out of the box thinker, who marches to the beat of my own drum. I am never satisfied with my station in life, and am constantly making improvements. The absolutely best things i like to hear are
"It cant be done" , which increases my fervent desire to make it happen,
And "that wont work" or, "that us the most cockamamy" thing i ever heard/saw.
One comment here " Brooks, " I am truly convinced that you are mentally ill" which made me laugh my *** off ! i consider it a Complement !

-
Back