modified hood

-

revmopar

Reaction score
I know I said in my welcome thread that i was not going to modify the 73 scamp, but I couldn't help myself. while getting it prepped for paint I had an old challenger hood laying in the corner of the shop so........

Attachments

• scamp hood.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,628
Wow. Pretty cool looking. I certainly wouldn't mind something like that on my Duster.

Thats got to be a first. Nice job making it fit, looking forward to seeing it in paint.

So let me get this straight? You been working on that scamp and just NOW joining FABO? Just bustin your chops nice work welcome to the board.

here is what i did for the back of the hood, I used some dimple dies to make some port holes.

Attachments

• IMG_3495.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,555
  • IMG_3496.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,593
Looks great, now there will be plenty of room for a taller intake and a fresh air sours
I used a 73 roadrunner hood that got damaged and built this hood that has been on a few trucks in the past 15 year's, now on my 85 ramcharger
. Looking forward to seeing yours in paint

X2 welcome aboard this great site

Attachments

• Speep%20073.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Night%20time%20ramcharger%20036.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,540
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%2520005.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,536
  • Night%20time%20ramcharger%20039.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,548
Looks good. I'm afraid those holes may let engine vapors in through the cowl vent though.

I'm liking it. I have 3 donor hoods from 70-74 B'cudas, donated to us from some great members here, that we are going to do the buldge hood morph on Jake's 65 B'cuda.... With 3 of them to work with, we're bound to get it right...lol. I'm already thinking of doing the same to my WannaBee project - except make the buldge functional since I have the whole airbox from a real Bee....

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I knew this would be a love/hate type of thing but I just like being different.

I have only had this scamp for about two weeks but I really don't have any excuses for just joining fabo because I do have a 69 valiant as well. Sorry for being slack.

Redfish. Thanks for the compliment, I don't think I will have any issues with vapors, this is not nearly as open as the off brand cowl hoods, so I think I will be ok.

very nice work i like, you need to go over and check out Swisswill's he did the same to his dart but with a viper hood

Cool idea.
I would lay down three good coats of poly primer (Slick Sand or G2) after epoxy. Block it with 80, see where you stand and go from there.

:happy1:

Cool idea.
I would lay down three good coats of poly primer (Slick Sand or G2) after epoxy. Block it with 80, see where you stand and go from there.

:happy1:

Would you mind commenting further on choice of high build primer?

Nice work on the hood. Very unique, always a plus for me.

I want this!! I have talked to people about this on here and I am finally glad to see one made, if you decide to part ways with it let me know!

-
Back