Modular Wheels

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So what are the pros and cons of modular style wheels? I've been looking for a new set of rims for my 67 Dart and came across these on Summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/USW-94-5812/?rtype=10. They look nice and they are very nicely priced ($70 a rim for the size I want). They are listed as truck wheels though, which I didn't know if there was any big difference in, as well as being modular. Is anyone out there running modular wheels or maybe even these particular rims (or another rim by the company U.S. Wheel) and have anything good or bad to say about them?

Nothing physically wrong with them but they do have a very dated and cheap look.

Personally I would run steel plain steel wheels, trim rings and chrome lug nuts before I ran those.

That's more or less what I have now, just the stock rallyes painted black with trim rings and chrome lug nuts, but the prices on these sort of caught my eye. Didn't know if there was something I needed to know about them that made them cheaper. Was looking at the aftermarket "stock" ones, but still need to figure out backspacing and what axle I'm going to run before I pull the trigger on anything.

Dont buy those wheels! my dad got those for his chevy truck and after 4 months the chrome was rusting and after 6 or 8 the chrome was entirely rust. Very poor quality chrome on those wheels. Dont waste your hard earned money on them.

"The shoes make the man" or the car. I wish I'd chosen more carefully myself.
I had the star ones on my first duster, construction was fine BUT just like SirDan, chrome was always rusting at the edges and the rivets.

i figured they must have been cheap for a reason. i'd really like to see what a set of these http://www.enkei.com/wdm.html look like on my car, but I think they're a little over my price tag for a set of 4, lol. I like the black center look with a chrome lip or rings, especially since I have a pretty bright silver car, it's nice contrast, but it seems like that style is usually on the more expensive side. I like the way it looks now with the painted rallyes, but I need a bigger rim for the new tires I want.

-
Back