Mold

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I have some kind of crud on my building.I can't go to high cause I can't feel my footing.I got even with the top of the overhead door .I used this stuff called Cobra Clean .it was easy to clean off.Wounder what would work in a sprayer on the end of a hose?
20160607_103818.jpg

Crud Cutter, it is available at Home Depot, you mix a small amount in a pump sprayer, spray it on and hose it off! No scrubbing required, but it helps! I use an extended pole RV washing brush, you could possibly reach that area from the ground if you put it in a spray bottle connected to a hose!!

Chlorine mixed with water (around 5% concentration) and spray with a garden sprayer. No scrubbing required.

Chlorine mixed with water (around 5% concentration) and spray with a garden sprayer. No scrubbing required.
I use 1 part Bleach to 3 parts Water. Spray it on.. wait a couple a minutes, and spray off ...Works great...

I use 1 part Bleach to 3 parts Water. Spray it on.. wait a couple a minutes, and spray off ...Works great...
Yeah, I should have said the chlorine (bleach) was 5%, then mix it with water. I've had very good results at mixes in the 1 to 4 and 1 to 5 ratios too. And yes, rinsing is recommended, though I've done some areas like the roof without doing so. The higher the chlorine concentration would make it more important to rinse after a waiting period.

Crud Cutter, it is available at Home Depot, you mix a small amount in a pump sprayer, spray it on and hose it off! No scrubbing required, but it helps! I use an extended pole RV washing brush, you could possibly reach that area from the ground if you put it in a spray bottle connected to a hose!!

All above, You all know where I live out in the sticks and humidity, my b
place would be green with out this ..

You do NOT want anything chlorine around your building. Chlorine conducts electricity and will short out and ground electrical outlets and switches.

Crud Cutter is ok.......but I have found Purple Power to be the absolute BEST EVER. I have a metal building very similar and mine does it too. I fill up a bucket with 50/50 Purple Power and water and use a long scrub brush. Come behind that with a regular pressure water hose and it rinses right off.

You do NOT want anything chlorine around your building. Chlorine conducts electricity and will short out and ground electrical outlets and switches.

Crud Cutter is ok.......but I have found Purple Power to be the absolute BEST EVER. I have a metal building very similar and mine does it too. I fill up a bucket with 50/50 Purple Power and water and use a long scrub brush. Come behind that with a regular pressure water hose and it rinses right off.
You don't use weather caps on your outdoor outlets?

Tony - if all else fails, you could take the building down and truck it out here.. I'm sure I can find nice place for it - mold and all... :lol:

Yeah, i don't hit anything electrical with the power washer! When I bleach the house, I use the garden sprayer (pump up type), and then the pressure washer isn't even needed.

-
Back