Momo or Other Custom Steering Wheel

-

dartslantsix

Reaction score
I am looking to put a better wheel into my 67 Barracuda. I would like a Tuff wheel, but stock ones with the adapter are very expensive. The Grant Tuff wheel sounds terrible from the recent reviews.
Any other custom wheel look similar? 14-15" diameter.

I found this Momo wheel: Retro that I really like.
But I'm not seeing an adapter for my car. @MRGTX has a momo wheel, so how did he adapt it?

Thanks.

I have the Grant Tuff Wheel, and I love it. I mean it's just like a factory Tuff Wheel. I didn't use the adapter either, I only needed the little install kit with it.

I have the Grant Tuff Wheel, and I love it. I mean it's just like a factory Tuff Wheel. I didn't use the adapter either, I only needed the little install kit with it.
A lot of the newer reviews mention that they switched to a hard plastic instead of the foam grip. I don't really want to order it and find out it's hard plastic.

I am looking to put a better wheel into my 67 Barracuda. I would like a Tuff wheel, but stock ones with the adapter are very expensive. The Grant Tuff wheel sounds terrible from the recent reviews.
Any other custom wheel look similar? 14-15" diameter.

I found this Momo wheel: Retro that I really like.
But I'm not seeing an adapter for my car. @MRGTX has a momo wheel, so how did he adapt it?

Thanks.
I have a 6 bolt wheel on my dart. I'm unaware of anyone making a spline, to 5 or 6 bolt adapter. I had to stack adapters. You have to use the grant adapter to get from spline to 3 bolt, then use a 3 to 5. Or 3 to 6.
Also can't forget to fish the horn wire through either.
I took the opportunity to install a quick removal clasp also.

20190427_220349.jpg

20190428_130217.jpg

image000000(2).jpeg

It looks a little clunky , but you can see the idea. Grant adapter first, with the concave "beauty" cover, then the bullet adapter...then my optional quick release.

A lot of the newer reviews mention that they switched to a hard plastic instead of the foam grip. I don't really want to order it and find out it's hard plastic.
Oh wow. I didn't hear that. Look for the older model on eBay

Where did you see that?! Because if so, that sucks.

Where did you see that?! Because if so, that sucks.
I read a bunch of reviews online and it seems Grant totally screwed up their version of the tuff wheel. Summit has a lot of bad reviews on them if you want to read through them.

I found these 6-bolt adapters today:
6 Hole 2-Piece Adapter - Black
1967 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA Volante STH1012 BLACK Volante 6-Bolt Steering Wheel Hub Adapters | Summit Racing
Or this combo:
10-7012 GT3 Installation Hub, Chrysler Early Models, Polished - GT Performance Products
20-3006 GT3 Hub Conversion Adaptor, 3 to 6 Bolt, Black - GT Performance Products

I also found this wheel today that I like, but it says it's styled after a GM wheel:
36-5451 GT3 Retro Wheel, Foam, Slot Spokes - GT Performance Products

I have a 6 bolt wheel on my dart. I'm unaware of anyone making a spline, to 5 or 6 bolt adapter. I had to stack adapters. You have to use the grant adapter to get from spline to 3 bolt, then use a 3 to 5. Or 3 to 6.
Also can't forget to fish the horn wire through either.
I took the opportunity to install a quick removal clasp also.

View attachment 1715970464

View attachment 1715970465

View attachment 1715970466

It looks a little clunky , but you can see the idea. Grant adapter first, with the concave "beauty" cover, then the bullet adapter...then my optional quick release.

I run a Grant wheel similar to the Momo that you posted, it has a soft feel to it. I replaced a woodgrain Grant wheel that was already installed, so it was a direct swap, but I think you'd just need their basic install kit.

20210715_190431.jpg

Define "better" and better than "what"?

I was able to finish up the install.
IMG_2165.JPG

Used the Forever Sharp hub. Seems like a pretty nicely made piece. Only annoying thing is a small gap between the hub and column.

IMG_2168.JPG

And here's the wheel.

IMG_2185.JPG

I think it suits the car well. Really nicely made. Time will tell if I need an extra spacer behind it.

-
Back