Money Order Help Please ?

-

Inertia

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a problem with a Canadian Postal Money order, that I sent to a member, in Texas,..

He can't seem to find a place to cash it.. He says his Credit Union wants $25 to process it.. And he say nobody will take it cuz its Canadian,, even though it's in US funds, and a Canadian Federal postal m/o..

Anybody know where he can get it cashed..

He wants to send it back, and doesn't have PayPal,,

any ideas, help please..

To further frustarate things,, I'll be off-line for a week on holiday..

So if you KNOW here he can cash it,, please forward a PM to BWDart

thnx much FABO... grant

Steve sent me a couple of them and I had no problems cashing them at my bank at all. I dunno.

Might check with the Post Office.

just take it back and send him cash. i have sent hundreds of dollars and never had an issue. thats what i would do, in fact , i just sent 50 in the mail.

Deposit it in a bank account.

My bank wouldn't "cash" a Canadian postal MO, they did take it on deposit and it cleared quickly.

Deposit it in a bank account.

My bank wouldn't "cash" a Canadian postal MO, they did take it on deposit and it cleared quickly.

That might be the ticket right there. Although my bank handed me cash. I guess it depends on the institution.

I'm the one having a problem with the Canadian MO.
My bank is a credit union and they will deposit it for a $25 fee and 2 wks to clear, called every ck cashing place and the PO and no one will cash it.
Now if he had sent a Mexican MO no problem here in TX.

Hey Bruce, physically take it to the Post Office. The PO here cashed one for us with no questions asked. It would seem to me that the post office is the post office.

I'm starting to think it would have been easier to send you a personnal cheque,, and wait the 2 weeks to clear,, woulda saved me $8.00 for the money order.. sheesh

Did you try the Post Office,, if they sell them,, (MOs),, they should take them..?

And any buyer that bitches about paying the Paypal charge,, hasn't spent $10.00 in gas, paid $8.00 for the Money Order, then $1.10 Postage,, just to be faced with this situation,,....

Paypal is way more cost efficient and convenient,, period...

thnx for everyone's help...

lol.. out typed me there, BadSport.. lol

if its a postal the post office should do it ,tho i have a credit union aswell and have seen a few threads about this where people have said its a bank scam to get u to pay for the cashing of the mo cus its outta country.

i think ur best bet is postal ,this is sometimes why i work out sending cash with a seller from outta country. i really hope u can get this resolved ,i feel bad for the people thats waiting on there stuff and our stupid banks and **** wont do it, its annoying.

Bruce, my wife just got back from the PO and spoke with the Postmaster while there. The PM said to take it to the PO and there should be no reason they won't cash it unless they do not have the cash on hand.

She said that ALL post offices in the country are authorized to cash international MO's up to 10K IF they have the cash on hand.

She also said that if you called you could have gotten someone that has no idea about cashing them.

just take it back and send him cash. i have sent hundreds of dollars and never had an issue. thats what i would do, in fact , i just sent 50 in the mail.
Consider yourself lucky. In my 18 or so years with the PO I know of at least 2 dozen folks who were terminated for stealing things out of the mail......One of them trained my wife on her first day at the PO.....she witnessed him stealing......

Thanx FABO, for all the help,.

Bruce, if there's still a prob,, we'll fix it up in a week..

and Yes,.. send to my US address , thnx

thnx ALL,, till next week..

got it cashed went to the PO and they cashed it, Thanks Bruce for the tip they said on the ph they wouldn't cash it.

That is just nuts! I sold a Ramcharger to a fellow in Ontario Canada. He sent me two M.O. which I took to my credit union and they cashed them without a problem! I think you need to switch banks!

-
Back