Mongrel

-

A38Valiant

Collector Of Rust
Reaction score
Mongrel is the name I chose for my mail Jeep, because it certainly won't be a purebred, lol. This puppy will be all Mopar except the frame, front suspension, and tin. Here it is as purchased. Don't let the pictures fool you, this thing is a bucket.

Attachments

• Mongrel.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 293
Work finally started today. Lookie here.

Attachments

• 0812021541.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 0812021540.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 0812021542.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 274
Yep, she's a bondo buggy.

Attachments

• 0812021540a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 288
  • cowl.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 276
My aunt had one of those, couldn't kill it,...Most of are buckets,...looks like yours has a cheese coating,...Whatya got in mind fer a drivetrain???

I have seen 3 of these rolled over in my life...and they were all in US Mail livery...actually all had mail spilling out of them too! Careful. I would say get the widest tires you can fit on them.

Whatya got in mind fer a drivetrain???
Mildly modded 318, short tail 727, narrowed 8 3/4. Not sure what gears yet, keep going back and forth between 2.76s for mileage and 3.91s for fun. It will have a full Mopar wiring harness, full cage, Dodge van tail lights, Cordoba park lights, Mopar dealer air, and a few other surprises.

I have seen 3 of these rolled over in my life...and they were all in US Mail livery...actually all had mail spilling out of them too! Careful. I would say get the widest tires you can fit on them.
Fabbing up a full cage, boxing the frame, and was already thinking some rubber. Plain steelies, 15 x 7s on the rear, 15 x 6.5 on the front.

Good to see you back,subscribed. Always wanted to do one.

According to the growth rings, it's only seven white paint jobs old!

Attachments

• 0812021850.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 207
Sprinkler system, designed to keep back of dash and wiring wet.

Attachments

• 0812021859.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 209
i had a friend who use to race a old Jeep with a lift kit and 35" tires ran in the low 12's high 11's with some spray. it was CRAZY scary to ride in...

Taking a temporary break from this build to put another car back together. Stay tuned.....

Is your break over yet? Time to get back to work! I'd like to see more.

Mike in FL

Uh-Oh,Rani found it.... I sooo wanna see this, in Rat Fink mode.

Well, it's been a while, and there's nothing new to report on the jeep. I put a 71 Polara together, did some work on the house, etcetera. Really hoping to get back on this thing this summer.

-
Back