Monroe air shocks

-
Not for this guy, but for others reading this post. 5 on 4" bolt circle,
The car was designed for and came with a 14 x 5.5" rim. 8" section width. a 25" tall tire. D or E-70 x 14 or smaller.
We are trying to fit a 15x7" rim with a 28-29" tall tire. 10.8' section width. 4.25" Back space. 275/60-15
Fitment charts say this won't fit, true.
Tire is too wide for the rim, should be 8".
Fitment charts recommend for this car a 14x7 or 15x6 max for fit. With the 4" bolt pattern ( limited rim selection)
Like trying to put 5lbs of s**t in a 1lb bag.
Biggest problem, wrong tire and rim offset (bolt pattern doesn't help either.)
Solutions.
(1) If you have to have that size tire/wheel you have to $pend. Offset spring kit, possible inner wheel tub mod. bolt pattern upgrade.
(2) Easiest, smaller tire. The 7" rim is designed for a 235-245mm tire size 9.25 section width, 26" tall
The 15x8 option of this wheel that everyone shows they don't actually have and has the same back space. That tire on 15x7 vs on 15x8 is no difference . 15x7 balloons out more of course but width of tire at top doesn't change.

Here you go, air bags in a can.
Gabriel Hijackers
'72 Duster at Rockauto

Screenshot_20230302-150932_Firefox.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Your leafsprings aren't relocated? What's the aspect ratio on that rear tire, again? I still think this car has the perfect stance.
I've said it several times . Depends on what car . The dart with 255 70 15 runs against frame and trunk well , the duster rubs on quarter panel when my shocks leak down .

It's all about fashion over function . My 198 slant isn't going to the track lol
Lol, yeah, unless you wanna run brackets.. my buddy had a slant six wagon he put a 2x4 under the gas pedal and just nail it every time that son of a ***** was consistent now! Slow, but a constant dial... lol

Lol, yeah, unless you wanna run brackets.. my buddy had a slant six wagon he put a 2x4 under the gas pedal and just nail it every time that son of a ***** was consistent now! Slow, but a constant dial... lol
275 60 15 looks damn good on a Duster. I went with the 295/50s. Springs haven't been moved in but they are super stock Springs so I don't have any problems with that thankfully car had 225 60s on the back but every time you mat the gas the car'd try to turn all the way around on you, at the very least go sideways. That's with a 2200 stall. Now I need more stall LOL

Above was ment as a reply to Johnny's comment "275 or bust", no idea how I replied to myself there... looks like I'm the Tarded one! Lol

I have no idea what this means

I have no idea what this means
You're saying you weren't going to take your /6 car to the track.... I was mentioning how my buddy ran his Slant six station wagon at the track he used the 2x4 under the gas pedal to limit the pedal travel... he ran the brackets and the car was extremely consistent and it's Time Slips to what he dialed in

You're saying you weren't going to take your /6 car to the track.... I was mentioning how my buddy ran his Slant six station wagon at the track he used the 2x4 under the gas pedal to limit the pedal travel... he ran the brackets and the car was extremely consistent and it's Time Slips to what he dialed in
I guess I don't know what brackets are but least this is better context lol .

I guess I don't know what brackets are but least this is better context lol .
Sorry, Bracket Racing is where you dial your time in, if the car goes too fast you lose automatically otherwise whoever hits their time (that they dialed ahead of time) Or gets closer wins

Been using Gabriel Highjackers since 1974, not to prop up springs that won't hold the car where I want it, but to keep the car at the correct stance when it has a big load. Never had the problems that you describe. What I don't get is why the car doesn't rise until you put 80 psi in the system. It should move the car with 25 or 30 psi.

Been using Gabriel Highjackers since 1974, not to prop up springs that won't hold the car where I want it, but to keep the car at the correct stance when it has a big load. Never had the problems that you describe. What I don't get is why the car doesn't rise until you put 80 psi in the system. It should move the car with 25 or 30 psi.

His air shocks are probably fighting the bind in the bushings or arch of the spring because it needs to be so high...

The right solution is the proper springs. Trying to do it with load assist springs is going to remain a constant disappointment.

The shocks probably don't leak in water because there's no load on them with the shaft at the same height too.

Want more pressure? Get a regulator and a nitrogen tank. If that don't do it, nothing will.

I mean it says 80-150 psi to time that means it's range yeah ?

His air shocks are probably fighting the bind in the bushings or arch of the spring because it needs to be so high...

The right solution is the proper springs. Trying to do it with load assist springs is going to remain a constant disappointment.

The shocks probably don't leak in water because there's no load on them with the shaft at the same height too.

Want more pressure? Get a regulator and a nitrogen tank. If that don't do it, nothing will.
I own a hvac company - I can't Believe I not thought of that . But that won't help them fro leaking down over few weeks. I'll need to try a new brand I guess

HiJackers must work differently. The range is 25psi to 135. I've never owned a set of Monroe Maxs but I can't understand why there would be an 80psi min operating pressure!!!

I own a hvac company - I can't Believe I not thought of that . But that won't help them fro leaking down over few weeks. I'll need to try a new brand I guess
The White Monroe-Max are the good ones, if you have the Black Monroe-Max air shocks you may have fallen prey to "Chineseium" off shore parts, of a lesser quality.

☆☆☆☆☆

When they leak down you can see why tire hit quarter on bumps in the rd . And can see where I'd like to have them . Not all that high

27F9D8AD-AFA4-46C0-94CE-63BA2C1AE3DD.jpeg

27E4A937-DE64-4F9A-A0F9-27551DB64718.jpeg

-
Back