Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
It won't be long now!

This a first for me, looking forward to making memories as my brother
Memike would say.

Ready or not, here we come.:D

The wife's and my wedding anniversary is that Sunday so were planning on heading up there on Saturday. Hopefully next year I can bring the Barracuda and get some track time.

READY I've been ready for weeks!!!!! leaving Wis on Thursday morning should pull into our hotel around 3:00 pm check in-unload the cars and start our Mopar Holiday!!!!!! My car is all polished and ready to rock---Weather looks great--Hope there is a good turn-out Steve

Just like Swifter Steve up there ^^^, I'm beyond ready and have had it on my calendar for weeks! Still in my robe at almost 3:00 LOL, I've been spending this last non-workday before the event getting my proverbial $hit together. Here's what I've got in my bag so far ........

1 1/2" high stack of Phoenix Specialty Coatings vinyl decals (made with love by FABO's own GTGrinly) in black, white, dark blue, dark green and silver.

Twenty PSC t-shirts from medium through 3XL ...

A 3" high stack of business cards (but I'm not bringing any work samples ... I'm going to have FUN and give stuff away) ...

A bunch of copies of the May 2011 issue of Auto Enthusiast (courtesy of several fabulous FABO members, thank you!) with Slimer and me on page 116 ... and

$800 worth of PSC gift certificates. :-D

Two of the $50 gift certificates are going to Josh King for his disposal during the event, but the other $700 worth will be with me. Don't let the swag get away!

Look for the short redhead wearing a PSC t-shirt -- or the 'Cuda Chick shirt from ToolmanMike :-D -- carrying this bag full of goodies. If the weather's good I'll be in the usual hoochie mama shorts ... but jeans if it's cooler.

View attachment Yes Its Fast ... No You Cant Drive bag.jpg

See ya'll on Thursday!!! I'll be sitting here doing this :-D -- the Mopar PermaGrin -- all the way through next Sunday night, I'm sure. I can't wait!

Harumph ...... I shoulda bought a bigger bag. It's already exploding at the seams and the shirts aren't even in there yet.

hope u got one of those shirts left in a 3x on sunday cant get there til then gotta work fri/sat

Yep,can't wait to be there. My brother and me are leaving early friday moring and getting out there by afternoon. He already has some BBQ place picked out he wants too eat at for our supper.

I will be there Saturday in my 71 Runner.My Dad and brother will be riding with me.

Attachments

• Purple Runner.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 426
Where is the bbq place????? What's the name????? oh I LOVE BBQ and can't find good stuff up here in da north---Steve

Just got back from shopping got some new shoes for all the walking I'll be doing and lots of snacks for me oil - oil filter - fuel filter - spark plugs - air filter - inner front wheel seals (repacking bearings) for the DEMON.It's about a three hour trip for me and I will be leaving at sunrise Friday morning.
See you all there

Once I hit 465 I'm going to put Radar Love by Golden Earring in the CD
crank it up put the Demon in 5th gear hit the magic exhaust button and let it fly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6DFOMwv7l8"]Golden earring Radar love live 1977 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm set and ready! The car is ready, the hotel is booked and the wife is ready.
I'll be leaving at the butt crack of dawn. Hope to be there prior to 10:00 am Friday.

On another note, I came across a butt load of headlamp bulbs today. Any one need 9004 headlamp bulbs?
If you do, speak up and I'll bring them with me. The best part is...... the price is right! FREE! I have about a 1/2 dozen pair of these things. PM me and let me know if you're interested.

Have a safe trip in all

I plan on being there Friday with my Prowler and on Saturday in the Dart

Will be busy Saturday but hope to meet many FABO memebers there

Working saturday in the show field are, don't know what I'll be doing, just told them I would help out

Be careful on 465, lot of road construction on the west side, where you need to be to get to IRP (I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY WANT TO CALL IT, DAMN IT, IT WILL ALWAYS BE INDIANAPOLIS RACEWAY PARK!)

Many exits closed so not sure if the one you will need is open or not

Might want to watch your speed, the highest ticketed area in Indianapolis is 465 on the west side, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Be careful at night at the hotels, try to park in well lit areas.

Not to scare anyone, but someones hot rod got stolen during Goodguys this weekend, take every precaution, hate to think someone here has to report his car was stolen. I think even going as far as removing the coil wire or putting a hidden kill switch in might be worth while.

It has happen at big car events in other cities too, just be CAREFUL, even in the areas that are thought to be the good areas. Thieves don't care that you worked hard for your stuff, they work hard to get it without the effort or money.

REALLY HOPE IT WARMS UP, want to see this

Look for the short redhead wearing a PSC t-shirt -- or the 'Cuda Chick shirt from ToolmanMike -- carrying this bag full of goodies. If the weather's good I'll be in the usual hoochie mama shorts ... but jeans if it's cooler.

Thanks Wildcat-nothing like a buzz kill!!!! kidding thanks for the heads up about things exactly why i have some interesting theft deterrents on my Duster--ALSO GUYS LISTEN-UP, Most if not all cell phones have GPS chips in them for tracking--HINT call your wife/girlfriend at the end of the night to CHECK IN and tell them you love them.After you say goodnight.HIDE your cell phone somewhere in your car--under carpet or wherever -AUTOMATIC tracer system---Steve

Wish I was going. No time off from work. No money. Plus it was moved another 4 hours farther away. We have gone the last 4 years straight but will have to miss this year. You All Have Fun!!!!!!!!!

I am ready!!, to tired to post tonight but I will be fresh in the morning
What a day, tonight has been getting my gps set and talked to brother Tony
Pictures tomorrow of my packing job. I am so pleased to see so many members are going to be there. NN.

Just changed oil - filters - plugs -repacked front bearings - greased front end
made sure everything is tight - air pressure in tires etc Friend is going to detail
engine bay tonight while I'm at work final prep Wednesday and Thursday on the
road early Friday Morning

Everyone have a safe trip and be carefull

Man there is a dead mouse in my car somewhere.I have searched high and low for it and I just can not find it.I think it may be in my cowl.It may be a smelly ride for us..

Jim

24 hours from know I should be in Greenfield, Tennessee for my first time to meet Billy and leanna (CudaChick1968) :cheers:
Then get on the hwy to Columbus Indiana to meet big brother Tony Fields for the first time :blob::cheers:.
Looking forward to a home cooked meal Tony 8-)
You are getting a rain shower now Tony, and this system will be pushed eastward for our Strong end :coffee2:
Looks like I need to add a couple long sleaved shirts to my list, some fresh cool mornings with highs hitting 67 degree's.

Attachments

• MMPWE 20011 001.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 365
Wish I was going. No time off from work. No money. Plus it was moved another 4 hours farther away. We have gone the last 4 years straight but will have to miss this year. You All Have Fun!!!!!!!!!

Hello Jeff, or good morning may be more appropriate :coffee2:
I sure enjoyed your company at the last 3 Monster Mopar Weekends and I will enjoy this one for you bud, it's going to be a longer drive for me but a very important one to meet these great folks that has been in my list to do :coffee2:

-
Back