Monster mopar weekend!!

-
That's the problem right there. No communication at all.

That's probably cause josh king, the same guy that will rip you off when you call Indy Cylinder Heads, was the guy promoting the event. He changed to Kilkare after the deal with whomever bought his previous series went bad. His main internet promotion scene has been Moparts and the Website Indy used to run. People were ragging on him so bad on HIS OWN WEBSITE :D including me for how he ripped me off on machine work on my World block I bought from him.

http://www.fastmopar.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=88s0g7eol52u885hthk4v5am62&board=49.0

Josh King on Moparts:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8191980&an=0&page=1#Post8191980

Moparts:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8079718&an=0&page=5#Post8079718

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8122601&an=0&page=37#Post8122601

Hmm. Glad I didn't waste my time&money to drive the extra 2 hours to go to this thing if it was that bad.maybe Josh needs to pull his head out of the sand and if he's going to have a show try promoting the darn thing. I seen very little about it other than the Facebook extravaganza about 5 days before the show. That doesn't give most people time to plan. Just my 2 cents.

Wow-I'd like to see one of you guy's put your wallet and neck out there and put on a event if all you can do is *****,I saw behind the scenes this year at the event,There were reasons Mancini,Indy and the others were not there as far as vendors go,We had a fun time racing for the first time and when we had problems had lots of other racers over at our trailer helping and solved the problems,Spoke with Josh many times over the weekend cause we got there on thursday and I personally have nothing against him and have been at most of his events,No doubt Norwalk will be huge cause it comes with the track,But the kil-kare track was top notch and prepped good and a nice facility,You can't change the weather and it really didn't play that much of a factor in racing,They dried the track and we raced again.--Steve

I think the weather had a lot to do with it but there was deffinAtly something else going wrong. Gunbunny said it when we were at the show, there is a cruise at a grocery store here in cincinnati that brings in probably 5x more cars then last weekend. There is no excuse when a show that has the popularity of the mmw name to bring that sort of a turnout. Josh can organize an event, he has shown that in previous years, I am assuming he usually gets a good turnout.

From the pictures and stories I have heard of his other shows then he did something different this time.

One thing is for sure, the racing was without a doubt more organized and went a lot smoothly than I've ever seen at any of the MMW's. for that, I think, Kil-Kare gets the kudos.
The car show and vendors on the other hand, well that left a lot to be desired.
Nobody could have known what the weather would be like in April, so I'm not buying that. I think it had a lot more to with the fact it was a 2 day show, no venue until the last minute and piss poor communication. No one wanted to drive 2 hours extra and pay $40 for 1 day show. lets face it, sunday is go home day.
For the racing,I hope it's at Xenia next year, man did they do a great job! If it is I hope it's a 3 day show to make the whole thing worth while to the vendors and to the folks who drive their cars so far.

Gunbunny--We hope it is back at Indy,2 hours closer,Man it was a long drive home mon. !!!!!!!!! LOL--sorry I missed you but we were having "issues" to deal with,I think I saw your two cars and the banner one time when we were getting ready to stage.Steve

Josh posted to Facebook. Today they are not charging for swap or vendors at Norwalk plus giving away 10,000 tickets to bring attendance up there.

I agree, the communication from the promoter (Josh) is very poor. Having all the details hammered out ahead of time, so that there is no ambiguity...that is whats needed. This is the main reason I didn't attend this year. One of the #1 questions asked that needed to be addressed ahead of time was "what is your rain-out policy"? If you have seen how many times MMW has been rained out, then you understand the NEED for this to be answered. When asked what the rain out policy was, he just doesn't answer. I think this was one of many reasons folks didn't attend, not wanting to gamble on what Josh might do with their $150 if it is rained out. I know from my local Mopar contingent of racers (about 13 racers), none of them will race at one of his events again due to the debacle at MMW from a few years ago...but that is another story, and I don't feel digging that back up.

This event keeps getting smaller and smaller, and if Josh doesn't take heed of some of the constructive criticism and make some changes it will disappear soon. I would attend again if he would communicate clearly, make a plan, and stick to it.

Question: I read over on Facebook that the Sportsman class got combined with Pro due to low car count, is this true?? Can someone that was there confirm this? The sportsman racer posting it was NOT happy about that, but after about 6 comments from others sharing his opinion the posts suddenly got deleted....now all you can see are people singing praises to MMW.

I agree, the communication from the promoter (Josh) is very poor. Having all the details hammered out ahead of time, so that there is no ambiguity...that is whats needed. This is the main reason I didn't attend this year. One of the #1 questions asked that needed to be addressed ahead of time was "what is your rain-out policy"? If you have seen how many times MMW has been rained out, then you understand the NEED for this to be answered. When asked what the rain out policy was, he just doesn't answer. I think this was one of many reasons folks didn't attend, not wanting to gamble on what Josh might do with their $150 if it is rained out. I know from my local Mopar contingent of racers (about 13 racers), none of them will race at one of his events again due to the debacle at MMW from a few years ago...but that is another story, and I don't feel digging that back up.

This event keeps getting smaller and smaller, and if Josh doesn't take heed of some of the constructive criticism and make some changes it will disappear soon. I would attend again if he would communicate clearly, make a plan, and stick to it.

Question: I read over on Facebook that the Sportsman class got combined with Pro due to low car count, is this true?? Can someone that was there confirm this? The sportsman racer posting it was NOT happy about that, but after about 6 comments from others sharing his opinion the posts suddenly got deleted....now all you can see is people singing praises to MMW.

I wasn't listening real close to the speakers but when they were running on Saturday the pro guys went first then sportsmen.

I don't know if they shared a prize but I never saw a sportsman car next to a pro car. Swifter will be a better help since he was there all weekend racing.

Yep sportsman and pro were in the same class,This is our first year racing so I don't know what difference that makes in the grand scheme of life, I will tell you this IF the spring race is held next year in Indy it will be huge and also if you really want to see Mopar's race head out to Norwalk in Sept. it is mind boggling how many race cars are there.-Steve

We will be in Norwalk. Its a great race regardless of who's running it. Last year at Norwalk the class times for pro and sportsman were almost the same so you could easily cross over you weren't a really fast pro car.

If it's the same this year I think we'll double class and run them both. Its a long haul so it's best to get as much racing in as possible.

A couple years back the gamblers on the Saturday night had over 500 cars in it. I ran 3rd round at 2:45 in the morning. But hey that's Norwalk.

CANT. WAIT.

So he did combine....unreal :wack:. There was no minimum car count, classes should have been separate. Its no wonder some of the Sportsman racers are livid, I would be too...that is $3000 worth of purse money that just disappeared with the combining of classes (Winner $1500, RU $500, Semi $300, Quarters $100). Its not the racers fault that the car count was low...heck, its in their favor when (like in this case) there is no minimum car count...less cars to go through to get to the final.

It is things like this that make me not want to support MMW (even though it is really cool to see all the awesome Mopars). I would rather go where the racers are treated with respect and where a folks honer their word.

Josh posted to Facebook. Today they are not charging for swap or vendors at Norwalk plus giving away 10,000 tickets to bring attendance up there.
This right here is why I won't be going to any more!
I can understand racers paying, there is a purse to be won, I can understand trophy hunters, they want something, the vendors should pay as they are making money. But I come to display and to support the event. I make nothing off this. I'm out all the way around. I'm out on fuel, hotel, food and wear and tear. When I made the suggestion to give the display people the same consideration, oh hell no, you pay too. How about this, I just won't be back any more.
I like to think I'm a reasonable enough guy, but lets be fair, treat every one the same.

Lets be honest everything in life goes in circles, racers went thru this before , UNTIL promoters UNDERSTAND that its the RACERS that makes and SUPPORTS the whole show and fly do u combine sportsman (I think there was 3 cars)?????? Again no matter what u think I dont see a lot of NEW promoters stepping up to start new events it aint happening ANYWHERE in fact if im not mistaken tracks are closing all the time ???? So go to the races , race and support the shows that are in existence, take your anger out on your car and win your class, you dont help the sport not supporting these events.sure things arn't perfect for everyone but what is these days .just my 3 cents -steve

-
Back