Monte Smith R.I.P.

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Not sure how many here knew him or knew who he was but Monte Smith passed away the other day.

He was a brilliant guy when it came to nitrous and drag racing in general. I believe he was a Mopar guy at heart but his knowledge and experience transcended any one brand.

He posted often on Moparts and YB and always seemed like he was willing to help and offer insight. He rubbed a few people the wrong way because he was a straight shooter and didn't always say what you wanted to hear but he was rarely wrong.

I didn't know him personally and my only brief contact with him was through threads on Moparts but I always read what he wrote with great interest no matter what the subject.

Our Friend, And Nitrous Guru, Monte Smith Has Passed. God Speed My Friend.

Damn.I remember him from the K.O.S. days..God bless him and his family:(:(

Big loss to the sport of drag racing in general and for mopar people in particular. He also was helping several of the guys on Street Outlaws. I know Doc and Reaper and I think Monza and I'm sure some others.

He died way too young. It should be a wake up call if you are 50 or older and you don't feel well go get looked at. Get your colon checked. No sense going any sooner than you have to.

RIP Monte Smith.

Ouch. Huge loss. I'm very sorry to hear and prayers to his (extended) family.

-
Back