monty hall passing away

-
RIP Monty
An icon of 1960's - 70's game show television.
But I'll bet some of the younger generation is saying, "who"?

I guess he is finding out what is behind door number 2.

Monty Hall problem - Wikipedia
LOL!, and BTW, that's a bunch of mathematical BS,.....it's like listening to a wacky numerologist on Coast to Coast at 2:30AM tying together Jupiters orbit to His Aunt's
Nanny's anus and predicting the future based on when She has a cup of coffee sitting down!! The equation simply goes from 1/3 to 1/2 the intent of the Host has more
to do with it.................... Monty was a cool Dude.........RIP

It's the Big Door he is looking behind now.
I wonder.....

LOL!, and BTW, that's a bunch of mathematical BS,.....it's like listening to a wacky numerologist on Coast to Coast at 2:30AM tying together Jupiters orbit to His Aunt's
Nanny's anus and predicting the future based on when She has a cup of coffee sitting down!! The equation simply goes from 1/3 to 1/2 the intent of the Host has more
to do with it.................... Monty was a cool Dude.........RIP

Yea.
Exactly.
Keep it simple.
I took a moment and modified the graphics.
It becomes 50/50

Seems like some more confusion from the Mensa brain.
I would NOT want to tell this person they are wrong about something.

From wiki.
Vos Savant commented that, though some confusion was caused by some readers not realizing that they were supposed to assume that the host must always reveal a goat, almost all of her numerous correspondents had correctly understood the problem assumptions, and were still initially convinced that vos Savant's answer ("switch") was wrong.

door.png
door1.png
door1 - Copy.png

Or put correctly another way.

goat.png

I wonder.....

Yea.
Exactly.
Keep it simple.
It becomes 50/50

From wiki.
Vos Savant commented that, though some confusion was caused by some readers not realizing that they were supposed to assume that the host must always reveal a goat, almost all of her numerous correspondents had correctly understood the problem assumptions, and were still initially convinced that vos Savant's answer ("switch") was wrong.

View attachment 1715096464 View attachment 1715096466 View attachment 1715096467

View attachment 1715096468
I know some Mensa members, one passed away several years back in His 70's, another is ~20yrs. My junior, I refuse to take the test.......it simply doesn't interest Me.
Although I love solving problems/puzzles & logic teasers........
The initial fallacy above of assigning the tossed out 1/3 to the 2nd door is ridiculous, esp. when that 1/3 demonstrably a loser.
The Host is simply removing a known loser choice increasing Your odds(to 50/50) and giving You a "chance" to change Your mind.
It is true the odds for door #2 go up, but from 33.333333333% to 50%,..........not 66.6666666666%

I wonder.....

The Democratic Party voting system....^^^^^^ Vote for the goat.

Yea.
Exactly.
Keep it simple.
It becomes 50/50

From wiki.

View attachment 1715096464 View attachment 1715096466 View attachment 1715096467

View attachment 1715096468

Vos Savant was correct.

Monty and the sponsers relied on people not really understanding the odds to keep from giving away cars all the time. The math is complex and counter intuitive.

RIP Monty

The kids used to try to make deals with me. I used to say "i'm not Monte Hall, this is not lets make a deal" of course they didnt know the heck i was talking about. They also used to say "i'm serious" when i teased em over something, i would reply "yeah and i'm roebuck, want to form a company" lol.

RIP Monty Hall. Thanks for the memories

-
Back