MOOG front end parts.

-

MMissile

Reaction score
Who stocks and has the best price? Rebuilding a drum-brake 70 Duster front end.

Thanks, Mike.

I've never experienced any, over the last 50 years. I'll take my chances. Anybody have an answer to my original question?

Thanks, Mike.
I wouldn't use moog if you research they are not the same as back in the day but there a couple of good vendors on this site that sponsor Doctor Diff and psi they maychime in very good durable parts

Thanks, Mike.

I just assembled a Moog set of all ball joints, tie rod ends, pittman and idler arms from eBay. All US and Canadian pieces made more than 25 years ago. Priced less than new China made stuff. It took a little effort, it's worth it to me.
I'm using the QA1 solid tie rod sleeves, though.

I just assembled a Moog set of all ball joints, tie rod ends, pittman and idler arms from eBay. All US and Canadian pieces made more than 25 years ago. Priced less than new China made stuff. It took a little effort, it's worth it to me.
I'm using the QA1 solid tie rod sleeves, though.
Awesome

I'll take my chances with Moog. I was an alignment guy for around 20 years, and am currently a fleet mechanic for the state, and I can tell all of ya some stories about "white box special"
I still do quite a bit of front end work!!! And my experience with Moog whether I buy at places like eBay or rock Auto or the local parts store (take your pick) for older cars and trucks/ like most of us here deal with, I'm not seeing much china made Moog. I'm noticing more of that on newer vehicles.
Though the past few years, unless I need something "right NOW," I have been particularly looking for old dusty stock whenever possible, so I know it was made before china became involved.
If you can find it, old stock of TRW or Dana/Spicer is still fine, as well.

I used Moog parts about 4 years back on 74 Duster. Ball joints. Both Pitman and idler arm. And tie rod ends. Nice fit. With sound bushings. From all places Napa's main MN warehouse. No complaints here. Finding was a little more difficult. But not impossible.

I've had good luck with Moog on older cars. Just ordered an idler arm for my A body, waited 3 days at Oreillys, it came but someone stole the bolt out of the bag so I'm waiting again. It will be worth it though cause I'm replacing a fairly new chinese POS part that I simply don't trust, not to mention the boot is missing already.

-
Back