Mopar 3 inch Relocation kit Rear spring "Help!"

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Does anybody have any pics of there relocation setup.
the box seems much wider than the spring
I need to know if i have to shim the spring side to side?
thanks in advance

The spring should slide nicely even a little snug into the spring box. That's the way I did mine. Just make sure you measure the hell out of everything before you cut. I've got pictures on my thread somewhere.

I remember thinking the same thing when we ours in years ago. It all worked and fit properly when the springs were installed, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

This is what I did. I left the outer section of the frame in place. and put the new spring box on slightly to the outside of the frame. I also sprayed and cleaned as much of the old frame as possible and used spray through primer.

On the back side of the new spring box where it contacts the old existing frame I drilled 5 holes so I could plug weld it as well for strength.

I also have an article from a shop that did this same job that I had saved o my computer. If you want a copy PM me and I`ll email it to you.

Attachments

• spring2s.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 908
  • spring3s.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • spring1s.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 985
  • spring5s.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 787
Mine was done already i bought the car this way.
It has caltracs on it with a mono leaf and i was going to put a 5 leaf back on to get a better ride, i took everything off but with the caltrac removed It's like the box is too wide?
There are some washers on it already but without the caltrac it's going to be even wider. i might leave the caltracs off.

The spring should slide nicely even a little snug into the spring box. That's the way I did mine. Just make sure you measure the hell out of everything before you cut. I've got pictures on my thread somewhere.

That box right there looks narrower than mine thats my issue.
I'm asking if i should throw washers on either side of the spring to compensate for the extra room without the caltrac or do you think it was made to have the caltracs on there and i have to leave them on now or redo the box? hope not i dont weld LOL!!!

This is what I did. I left the outer section of the frame in place. and put the new spring box on slightly to the outside of the frame. I also sprayed and cleaned as much of the old frame as possible and used spray through primer.

On the back side of the new spring box where it contacts the old existing frame I drilled 5 holes so I could plug weld it as well for strength.

I also have an article from a shop that did this same job that I had saved o my computer. If you want a copy PM me and I`ll email it to you.

You need to call caltrac and tell them you have the Mopar inboard spring kit.they make spacers for there springs to take up the slack using the Mopar boxes.

My Spring just fit in the new spring box perfectly. If I measured the inside width of the original spring box, the new spring box was the same width, about 3 1/8 wide.
If the calvert fits the stock spring box it should fit the new spring box

thanks i'll cal calvert!!! see what they have say or sell me now!!!

Wow Just spoke to Calvert racing.
he said i just need to shim the sides.
They are going to send me the washers and bushings i need free of charge!!!

Bill Rielly on Big Block Dart ,owner of Alterkations sells the Kit . Nice heavy duty set up I think about $80. for the set. I was very happy with mine

Attachments

• GetAttachment5.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 699
Well decided on keeping the mono Leafs and getting 2 inch lowering blocks from calvert and using the upper hole in the box that should give me about another 1 1/2 = 3 1/2 total drop and i can always use a 27.1 255/60/15 instead of my 275/60/15 which is 28 need rear tires soon anyway.
Should be done in a day or two.

Thank you, you were correct!!!
i'm at it again changing to 5 leaf fro the mono leaf.

You need to call caltrac and tell them you have the Mopar inboard spring kit.they make spacers for there springs to take up the slack using the Mopar boxes.

-
Back