Mopar 318 rockers

-
OK thanks! Very cool!

I like the Insignia... I have been thinking of getting an Insignia wagon for the wife.....2020 is the last yer Buick will sell them in the US.

I have a '75 Ascona A, and a '72 Manta A rally project. Rallied both a Manta A and Ascona A in the past. I don't think I ever knew of the Manta S! But those wheels sure do look familiar!

View attachment 1715495679

YES !!! The Insignia, last real OPEL/GM car. Now it's Peugeot :(

The Manta (A or B) existed in S (1600cm3 75hp engine) and SR (1900cm3 90hp engine).

Mine is a Manta B S in Berlinetta finish (all options)

Manta BS name wouldn't fly here :bs_flag:

No difference in part number but you can tell L/R rockers position (dimple outboard in pairs) if the pushrods are close to hitting the pushrod holes. Hydro pushrods upside down? Yeah.....:p

Drove a Peugeot 205 from Paris to Biscay, Spain in Aug, 1990 following the Pro Surf tour. Great 3 weeks.

Iv had two 318s do the exact same thing. I have some spare rockers if you need them. I'm not sure what shipping to France would cost or if its even possible right now?

chrysler and I do not use gaskets on good manifolds. some stock 340s and others have popped pushrods thru rockers from tight valves or sitting. I suggest pulling intake if new lifters were installed on a used cam-inspect lifter bottoms and keep in order. the stamped numbers are not important, just go left right , left right, left right, left right. and shafts with oil holes down and end notches down, with driver side at front and passenger side notch at rear

Iv had two 318s do the exact same thing. I have some spare rockers if you need them. I'm not sure what shipping to France would cost or if its even possible right now?

Thank very much for the proposal. But I just found 30 miles from my home a complete 318 refurbished with everything in Edelbrock! The guy sells it for 1200$!

I'll go get it next week.

I'm so happy !

Have a good day

I would go look at everything in edelbrock! edelbrock does not make everything. I remember "built all TRW" I run an Edelbrock LD340 and timing set, Comp Cam and inner springs, speed pro rings, clevite bearings, elgin outer springs, manley valves, clevite bearings, crane pushrods, melling pump, Harland Sharp rockers ....

-
Back