mopar 340 ??????

is 500$ a good price for a mint 340

• Total voters
-
Okay, ummmmmmmmmmm ... with all due respect Tawny, your profile says you're a third generation car guy and an autotech. And you're actually starting a poll about this??? Maybe this is catty and a little bitchy, but I had to look at the profile to see if you were a blonde chick. :-D

okay, ummmmmmmmmmm ... With all due respect tawny, your profile says you're a third generation car guy and an autotech. And you're actually starting a poll about this??? Maybe this is catty and a little bitchy, but i had to look at the profile to see if you were a blonde chick. :-d

lol

It seems like a good deal!

Two months ago, I bought a numbers matching 340 and 727 tranny out of a 1971 Super Bee. The owner drove it into a nearby resto shop and wanted a 426 Hemi to go back in the car. I got it for $1200 which included carb to pan, water pump to tail shaft, kick down linkage, and exhaust manifolds. Perfect combo to restore my Duster.

ok for one i picked it up today 500 complete 1970 340 engine full botom end, brand new rering and two cams a crane that is in it and matching # one,with the original heads.
&2 the reason why i needed the pole was to prove to my parents (mostly my mom ((im 19)) that it was worth the realestate in the house and the chunk out of my collage account. plus my dad knew the worth but didnt want to get in a fight to get the thing right after he spent 2grand on a 66 belvedere . so dont say i dont know my **** with the worth of mopar parts. i did the research and i know whats worth what i may be young but i sure as hell aint stupid.

ok for one i picked it up today 500 complete 1970 340 engine full botom end, brand new rering and two cams a crane that is in it and matching # one,with the original heads.
&2 the reason why i needed the pole was to prove to my parents (mostly my mom ((im 19)) that it was worth the realestate in the house and the chunk out of my collage account. plus my dad knew the worth but didnt want to get in a fight to get the thing right after he spent 2grand on a 66 belvedere . so dont say i dont know my **** with the worth of mopar parts. i did the research and i know whats worth what i may be young but i sure as hell aint stupid.

Sorry if my comment was taken the wrong way, but a little explanation of that in the beginning would have been helpful.

Congrats on the new score!

Okay, ummmmmmmmmmm ... with all due respect Tawny, your profile says you're a third generation car guy and an autotech. And you're actually starting a poll about this??? Maybe this is catty and a little bitchy, but I had to look at the profile to see if you were a blonde chick. :-D

We can't all get 340s for $50.

:toothy10: ....Just razzing a little.

Should have told us your reason before hand. I always say the only stupid question, is the one you don't ask, but asking about this engine for that price, almost would qualify.

Heck a 360 4bbl gos for $500 around here,so I say it's a pretty good deal. Before the economy tanked I sometimes saw just a 340 block for $1000! Stupid price,but it is what it is,and I hope it never sold!

how much ask for car could you give me a call # 252-564-4783 ask for butch.

1) You can't put phone numbers in posts.

2) This is a tech forum and not a classified ad.

3) Your incorrect grammar makes you sound like English is a second language and that next you're going to tell someone that they just won the "Nigerian Lottery."

Uh....welcome to the site.

You got pics of the thing yet?

I just spent 850 and a case of beer for a 71(?) carb to pan, with complete front end, no manifolds. For $500 hundred i would have fallen over myself trying to get the money to the guy! nice score by the way!

Hey Dan- you got a good deal on that one-he may have got a better deal but thats the breaks of the game.I like it when our cars and parts are at a decent price.That just means that people will think twice before sending them to the scrapper

That's a great deal, they don't come along very often......
For the same thing here, you would have been looking at $1500 easy.
Congratulations!

Mine was a builder. It was complete minus carb, and I gave a grand for it. They are not just laying around everywhere.

-
Back