Mopar 8 3/4 question

-

Bills70

Reaction score
I have a 3.55 8 3/4 rear end that I want to know if it is a one wheel peel or a posi? I can not see any clutches but I am not sure what it is!

DSC00297.JPG

The one in this picture you posted, is considered by many, (including myself) to be the better unit over the cone and cup style where you see the springs.

The one in this picture you posted, is considered by many, (including myself) to be the better unit over the cone and cup style where you see the springs.
I am just learning about Mopar's, I have always had Chevy's in the past! thanks, what get's me is, I have no idea where I got this from but it will be the replacement for my 4.10

I have a 3.55 8 3/4 rear end that I want to know if it is a one wheel peel or a posi? I can not see any clutches but I am not sure what it is!

View attachment 1715211969

It's actually a Spicer power lok and it is the best posi out there, the more power you put to it the harder it pushes on the clutches, all the parts are available to rebuild it if it needs it. I have rebuilt many of them.

img403.jpg

Yes it will work in all cases but the 489 has different bearing for the carrier

I found it online for free, I'm sure it's still out there, That one is for the Dana 60 and they are the same, the 60 has bigger bolts so the torque specs will be different for the 8.75. Get a factory manual from 69 and back I'm sure it's in there.

I found it online for free, I'm sure it's still out there, That one is for the Dana 60 and they are the same, the 60 has bigger bolts so the torque specs will be different for the 8.75. Get a factory manual from 69 and back I'm sure it's in there.
to late, I already ordered one from EBAY $24.99

When you rebuilt those clutch SG's, how far gone were the clutches? Only thing I think of when rebuilding a SG is the serviceable bearings/races and those are the same, SG or peg-leg.

Last edited:
-
Back