MoPar A bodies in Peril

-
Man... I'm dying over that originally pale yellow '68 GTS... :eek: That's just and incredible garage/barn find. 340 4 speed manual brake and steering car, factory road rocket, for sure. 75,000 miles and the headliner still looks new. That'd be something else to come into! I'm going to have nightmares for a month over that one. Anyone who hasn't checked this thread out yet needs to see that one. Looks like a dealer Ziebart car, too. Heck...That '73 Duster Ex Race Car looks very salvageable, too! :thankyou:

Last edited:
Are the inside pics in your dad's old shop? Please tell me all those cars in the back found a good home? There was a lot of history there!

Are the inside pics in your dad's old shop? Please tell me all those cars in the back found a good home? There was a lot of history there!
Hello, yes that is correct. The '68 GTS was sold to a local enthusiast. It got flipped and I have no idea where it would be now.
There were actually quite a few more cars before I really got into the Idea of photographing them before it all gets sold or scrapped.

The Red '73 is gone. It went to the Upullnpay in Penn Hills/ Pittsburgh PA.
There is a '74 With a fold down rear seat. It has been open to the elements for years. It is Not in my photo set that I linked above.

Very cool photos. I have to look over my shoulder when looking at these to make sure my wife's not looking. She thinks it's cuckoo to get excited over junk cars in the weeds....

For years there was a B5 blue 69 340 Dart convertible in the showroom that supposedly wasn't for sale. And I heard some of the cars under all the covers in the back shop were either Max wedge or Super Stock. My buddy wanted me to check out a car he bought there many moons ago. I never knew about all the other cars around outside.

For years there was a B5 blue 69 340 Dart convertible in the showroom that supposedly wasn't for sale. And I heard some of the cars under all the covers in the back shop were either Max wedge or Super Stock. My buddy wanted me to check out a car he bought there many moons ago. I never knew about all the other cars around outside.
Which car did your buddy buy?

Tim bought the turquoise '68 Dart with the slant six that's now a 360 car. He wanted me to look at an old Monaco I think it was. I talked him into the Dart.

It's cool to see the old history, not just the cars. The NASCAR Drag Series decal and other period pieces, the license plate frames from long gone dealerships etc...

Hello, I have Met Tim at some Local Car shows, I know the car that he bought well. I probably drove it and worked on it somewhat when I was a kid. We connected again about 6-7 years ago and he gave me the slant 6 and transmission out of the car, for slanted projects that most folks are not interested in. Tim's car was originally a Radio Delete Car, 1968 Dart GT, Medium Turquoise Metallic, Slant 6 with a 904. Column Shift.
Dad had the body Shop Redo the car, and At some point we replaced the heater core in it as well.

Your accounts of what was there in the showroom and back vs what was actually there are somewhat inaccurate - like the kid's game of telephone, after the origial story got passed around, by the time it got to you it was off somewhat.

The '69 B5 Blue 340 Convertible in the showroom was not that.
It is actually a '68 Dart GT Convertible 273 four speed car, (sorry I do not have any modern Pictures of it) Also Medium Turquoise metallic - Essentially a convertible twin to Tim's car. For years it was not for sale - It was an attention getter and conversation piece in the showroom. A good local friend of both mine and Dad bought it and has since rejuvenated the vehicle. He enjoys driving it on nice days and to cruise nights. I had the pleasure of doing some work on it again recently, carb and timing adjustments as well as some clutch rod linkage adjustments.

There was at one time a B5 Blue '69 Dart 4 door sedan on the lot in the Mid to late 90's with a Built 318 or 340 with an automatic that sold quickly. I have no pictures of that one.

The cars in the back under covers were never max wedge or super stock cars. That is all fiction.

There was one '64 Dodge Polara with a factory 426 Street Wedge (sorry no Modern Photos of that one either) that dad acquired in the mid 90's and held onto. It was sold a few years ago to a local enthausist.

Last edited:
Ah, sometimes the stories are what makes the hobby interesting! A shop full of cars under covers makes for some good tales.
Tim had the Dart on the chassis dyno up at Keystone Raceway before we pulled that slant out. I think it mustered 75 hp.

These have been sitting for 50+ years at a body shop. Nope not for sale
71 triple black 340 4 speed Challenger and a aluminum front end 64 Max Wedge 4 speed.
Will they ever see use again ? Doubtful.

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

I bought an ugly orphan when looking for a roller for my first a body project. Ain't no such thing as too far gone. Well as long you ain't in the rust belt

Ahhh, SW PA, Seattle East. Land of Humidity, Homeless mice, & Hungry metal mites.....

-
Back