Status
Not open for further replies.

swifterthanyou

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Going to give this another shot.

This is being listed for a friend but you may reach me via PM.

8.75" rear with 11"x2" big bolt pattern drum brakes and axles with long 1/2" racing studs. Center section is a 489 housing Sure Grip center with 3.91 gear ratio. Was completely rebuilt includuing brakes, some time ago but never installed into car. Do not know if this is a clutch or cone style carrier, sorry, but owner does not recall.

Green bearing were installed onto axle, rear is rated to 800+/- horsepower according to owner.

This is the 52 5/8" flange to flange width measurement for all A-Bodies. Perches were never installed so is ready for either stock location or relocated spring location, just need the perches installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,925
  • IMG_1802.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_1803.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 971
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 922
Do you still have this?
Going to give this another shot.

This is being listed for a friend but you may reach me via PM.

8.75" rear with 11"x2" big bolt pattern drum brakes and axles with long 1/2" racing studs. Center section is a 489 housing Sure Grip center with 3.91 gear ratio. Was completely rebuilt includuing brakes, some time ago but never installed into car. Do not know if this is a clutch or cone style carrier, sorry, but owner does not recall.

Green bearing were installed onto axle, rear is rated to 800+/- horsepower according to owner.

This is the 52 5/8" flange to flange width measurement for all A-Bodies. Perches were never installed so is ready for either stock location or relocated spring location, just need the perches installed.

Guys, I was wrong about this listing, this rear was constructed for a tubbed A-Body.

Flange to Flange width is actually 46" with 24 3/4" custom cut axles. Was built for a 1972 Dart project that ended up being sold off in parts due to the collapse of the economy. It is actually rated to 1,000 hp according to the owner "Gene".

Price has been reduced once again as he is desparate to make the mortgage payment on his house, the house he was born in!

I am interested in your setup. Could you send me an email with complete description and pricing and a phone number to contact someone at [email protected]
Thanks Rodney

I am looking for a 741 cone style 8 3/4 3rd member with big yolk if any 1 has taking up space 3'23 to 3;91 gears pm please if you have 1 of those laying around for like 250.00 to 350.00

I was incorrect regarding the brakes, Gene informed me that they had been rebuilt, they have not. The shoes will need to be replaced along with wheel cylinders and misc. hardware but center section is in great shape, teeth nice and sharp with little wear. The ring gear is dated 10-29-70 and again are 3.91 ratio.

I have included additional pictures of the interior guts of this rear as I needed to confirm what carrier was in it etc.

It is a cone style carrier with 3.91 ratio gears that show very little wear, no rust and still have sharp edges and are dated 10-29-70. The thrust button was removed from the carrier to allow for greater length of spline overlap of axles to carrier.

Again, just trying to help a friend keep his house a bit longer. He has lowered the price to a minimum of $800 cash upon pickup.

I carried this to Carlisle for him, too bad it didn't sell up there.

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_1902.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_1903.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_1904.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_1900.jpg