Mopar Bodies

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
Just want to know wich mopar cars are A-bodies,wich are B's,C and E-bodies.How do i know if a car is an A bodie or E?(year,Size?)

garage73.gif

This info can be found in the performance catolog. But in short, in America, the following is how it goes. Not all models are included here;

A body. Small compacts of the day. Basic, inexpensive transportation. Dart, Scamp, Demon, Duster Valiant.

B body. Mid size vehicals that also come in 4 doors on some models. Family sedans and pereformance sedans. Road runner, GTX line Charger , Super bee, Cornet, Cordoba, Magnum

C body. Full size cars. Upper scaled. Some model names were also B bodys.

D body were the masive cars. Imperials were in this line.

E body. 1970 - 1974 Barracuda and Challenger.

F body Volare, Aspen

J body, 80 - 83 Cordoba Mirada

M body, Diplomat, LeBaron Gran Fury
R body, New Yorker, St. Regis

Small cars are A bodies. The Barracuda went to it's own body platform with the new style and it's sister, the Challenger in 1970 until 1974.
I believe the A bodies went from 1964 - 1976. Then a few things changed that are not so appernet to the eye and they became F bodied cars

A lot of people consider '63 to me the first year for the a-body because it had the "new" body style like the '64 - '66 but '62 was really the first year for the a-body. Although the '62s looked much different than the '63 - '66, the suspension and underside was the same.

Chuck

Just curious, what would the Dodge Colt be? Not the newer ones, but the originals. Have a video somewhere of one, with a 340 in it. Doing a burnout. Pretty neat to say the least!

-
Back