Mopar Camping Trip w/ pics

-
Beautiful country and an awesome vehicle! Man you're livin the life!

We had one similar to that when we first started camping. It had a brand new 440 with a 727 and Gear Vendors OD unit. Wife and I redid the inside, and I rounded up enough 16" rims to put 16 inch tires on it in case we had a blow out. You can't find 16.5 inch 10 plys readily available anywhere! Gas mileage sucked on our also, and the only complaint my wife had was the dog house got too hot on her left leg because the exhaust manifold is so close to it. If you find a passenger side, rear dump exhaust manifold at a swap meet....buy a spare or 2! They are bad to crack. We bought a 5th wheel that I pulled with my 04 Cummins truck, and I sold our motor home to a guy on Moparts. Last I heard, the wiring harness shorted out and he was probably gonna junk it. :( Good luck, and enjoy it!

3 bucks every 7 minutes on the road? Ouch, but memories are priceless. We camped in a 440 Dodge bubble top van once, thing hauled ***. I fished in a small high mountain lake like that, caught 5 golden trout in about 15 minutes. Small but cooked them split open skin up on a few wet sticks over a fire. About 4 bites per fish. Delish!

@JDMopar Yep ... sounds exactly like mine ! Wish I had a gear vendors though . Melissa complains about that "Hotdog House " as well . I lined ours with layers of sheetmetal and header wrap .

I've thought if I ever had another one, I'd like to put a Cummins 4BT with an Allison automatic. A 6BT is too long to fit in a Class C. The Gear Vendor was in ours when we bought it. I don't know if it would help mileage much unless you were on a long run of interstate. I tried the gear splitting, but it wasn't worth the trouble. I think ours had either 4.56 or 4.88 gears in it. It was a big Class C to be that old. It was 24' long.

Mopar camping trips
:thumbsup:
Just going and like a turtle, when it's night time you have your roof and bed with ya.... LOL Slow and easy, easy and slow, that's the way we always go! 11 states and counting in the '77 RC

Mopar camping trips
:thumbsup:
Just going and like a turtle, when it's night time you have your roof and bed with ya.... LOL Slow and easy, easy and slow, that's the way we always go! 11 states and counting in the '77 RC

Great little Video ! Love the great lakes .
When I was 17 my friend and I rode our bicycles from Minneapolis up thru Wisconson and into the UP then back across Wisconson along the south shore of Superior into Duluth then back down to Mpls. Took a little over 2 weeks .

-
Back