Mopar Circle Track Help?

-

racinmaniac2w

Reaction score
HI. My Name is Justin Queen from Irvona, Pennsylvania. I Currently run a Metric Chassis Dirt Pure Stock (Circle Track) Next season i have been asked to drive my Fiance's Grandfathers Plymouth Volare in the same division, i did run the car one time is year and finished 3rd. we have purchased a set of steering arms from firm feel make the car turn faster, my next question is is there any way to install torsion bars that would be equilivent to 1400 pound (RF) and 1200 pound (LF) Coils Springs? this is all new to me, so any help is greatly appreciated!! also are their ball joints to change roll center available for these cars? feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Justin Queen
Pure Stock Racer
Irvona, PA

Those cars have transverse torsion bars, and are all the same size from the factory. Firm Feel makes bigger bars for these cars, but they are major dollars.... You should be able to hide a small coilover spring around the shock, to get the wheel rate you need. And you need good shocks, these cars are hard on shocks, they are mounted to almost in the middle of the arm, not as far out as on A or B body cars. The leaf spring rear, is really good though, you can get really good foward bite from a leaf rear, but it needs to stay soft, compared to what your used too....

thanks guys! any idea where to start with that coil over spring? we have a few laying around from an old late model with coilovers.

Check over on Moparchat, they have a circle track forum.

check in the rules for your track....if you get caught you know what that means.....adjust the car with what you have and adapt until you can get the right stuff for it

Memike, u need to put a couple more tubes to the floor on those door bars. Almost all rules require that. Looking good so far.You need to visit over on moparchat.com once in a while there is a circle track specific forum there. I'm building a duster for the IMCA hobby class.

Main reason I run fords in dirt track racing. The suspension is easier to adjust. And the uni body cars front ends dont hold up to the wall. I wish Dodge would have stuck with atleast 1 full frame car like ford and chevy did. I run a IMCA Stock car. It is a crown vic full frame. If you run under the IMCA sanction the new rules let you put a chrysler body on a chevy Metric full frame. This rule was started after I had already built a ford car. I would like to build a new car next rear with a volare on a chevy metric frame. Another great thing about the chevy metric frame is finding set-ups are so easy, because every one is running them. I have ran for the last few years against the IMCA Stock Car national points champion. Mike Nichols. He is a great guy and helps with any set-up questions.

I think if you look up a company called charger chassis they'll be alot of help. The have been building and running mopar dirt cars for years.

U can put a mopar in a metric in the stock car class but not the hobby stock class. I personally feel that the mopar has a advantage in the hobby class. biggest problem is suspension parts/body parts avalibility for the mopar. was to the JY yesterday and there were 3 complete gm metric cars and one 5th ave. well I get the spindles from the 5th ave for 15$each they want 40 each for the metric ones.

On my buddys Aspen we used the urethane bushings for the transverse T-bars. They really stiffened up the front end over the stock rubber ones. We race on asphalt with a stock sway bar. If your track gets dry-slick you may want to try and run a sway bar.
Howe makes adjustable screw in ball joints... http://www.howeracing.com/ I forget where he bought the urethane bushings though...

-
Back