Mopar Clutch Fan

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How much better cooling ability is there with a 7 blade clutch fan over a 5 blade?

Also, does anyone know if the fan blades interchange between a 5 and 7 blade using the existing clutch?

Thanks for any knowledge here.....trying to cool the temp a bit after installing aftermarket AC.

Anyone have input to share here....:study:

There are two different 7 blade fans. One is the size of the 5 blade, one is about 2 inches bigger. Seven blade will bolt to the clutch just fine. The 7 blade helped my car stay a little cooler, also set the fan 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the shoud.

You wont see that much diffrence if any but they are interchangeable. measure total length. Make sure you have a good cooling system and run a shroud.

Sorry cant help C, but here is a bump.....

Thx Steve and congrats on winning the "Wing Eating" contest. Nice new avator too LOL....=D> ;-)

...............It will help alittle.........yes, my mopar 1s interchange....a 7 blade may also have longer blades......kim.......

There are two different 7 blade fans. One is the size of the 5 blade, one is about 2 inches bigger. Seven blade will bolt to the clutch just fine. The 7 blade helped my car stay a little cooler, also set the fan 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the shoud.

Thx kimmer and jaws too.....I wasn't sure about the 5 & 7's interchanging blades, but looks like they will if I can find the right one.

jaws, My clutch fan is currently about 3/4 in the shroud and 1/4 out of, but there's no room to back it up. I'm 1/2" or so from the compressor now....

You wont see that much diffrence if any but they are interchangeable. measure total length. Make sure you have a good cooling system and run a shroud.

I've got a shroud, recored Mopar radiator, etc. Pretty sure that I'm gonna have to add an electric fan to keep the temps down :sad8: I was hoping not, but temps here are extreme.....

Thx for your input :thumbup:

-
Back