Mopar Colors in Rattle Cans?

-

erict

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make original Mopar colors in spray cans? I'm looking to match my wheels to the body color.

'72 Demon, Sun Fire Yellow, Y-2

Thanks

An auto paint store here in Phoenix lets you take them your car or whatever you want matched and they will custom mix it for you in a rattle can. Just like the color matching Home Depot will do for house paint. :cheers:

If your paint isn't faded, take the paint code to an automotive paint dealer. They'll mix some and put it in spray cans. Not exactly cheap, I remember having to buy a quart, which gave me 3 or 4 big spray cans. I repainted an engine compartment. Paint matched beautifully, though.

If your paint isn't faded, take the paint code to an automotive paint dealer. They'll mix some and put it in spray cans. Not exactly cheap, I remember having to buy a quart, which gave me 3 or 4 big spray cans. I repainted an engine compartment. Paint matched beautifully, though.

That's the way to go. I did the same thing over 20 years ago and painted the underside and roll cage of my old '69 Dart I converted to race only. Sure wish I had that car back!
Probably going to do the same thing on my 'new' '69 Dart for some misc. things that will need painted body color.

As an alternative....

Back when I was building models I used to use Model Car World paint. They are pretty damn close to an exact match for the factory color. They are sold as aresol rattle cans, or in a jar so it can be air brushed. Preperation is the same as lacquer. A 4 1/2 oz. spray can is $10.

http://www.mcwautomotivefinishes.com/paint/catalog.html

I used less than a can to paint my air cleaner lid......but I still have to clear coat it.
SANY0018-vi.jpg

Any place that sells automotive paint should be able to put it in spray cans for you.

Thanks for the quick replies! I found out my color is GY4, lt gold, not Y-2. Shouldn't matter.

-
Back