-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcalm1066

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Small block Mopar performance Commando aluminum heads part # P4876785 Never been on motor. $872 ea at Jegs Going different direction with my motor. $1200 del. in US.

DSC03980.jpg

DSC03981.jpg

Looks like 1 open chamber head and 1 closed chamber head... are these pics of what you have for sale?

would you like some info from me as seller or would you like to do your own reasearch before you spend a grand? Your call

Just wanted info on exactly what YOU have, not Jegs, not Summit or anybody else. YOU. As kgip2k nailed it, it looks like you have two different heads. But without part numpers and information on what YOU have, we won't know that. I would keep going, but I've made a vow with myself not to railroad anybody else's for sale add.....this is comin as close as I want to....and believe me I'm restrainin myself. I am lookin for some good affordable heads....which these are, but I'll move on.

Kgip2k, S/Scamp, I can't clearly see if there both the same chamber in the head. Try clicking on the bottom right hand corner of the screen where there should be a little icon with a magnifiying glass with a + sign in it. This should enlarge the screens picture. You can/should be able to magnify up to 400%

Adjust your screens contrast.

Scamp, relax!

I'm with the other two posters, to me it looks like each head has a differerent combustion chamber. :sad5:
Maybe they started out with the same part number, however one head has since received extensive milling to make it a closed chamber piece?
It very well could be that I am as blind as the other two guys are. :wave:

These heads are listed on e-bay item #140526089. Better zoom on e-bay makes it look like 1 closed and 1 open. Look at the space between the chambers and the bolt holes at the top of the photos. Sport

Daniel, 75 vsport. Screwed up mu message badly. Thinking one thing typeing another. Drop a word or two and the whole thing changes.

Daniel, 75 vsport. Screwed up mu message badly. Thinking one thing typeing another. Drop a word or two and the whole thing changes.

Rumblefish. You're ok. I knew what you meant. We all broke the rules by jumping on a sales ads but I saw a new member sending a newer member a pm and I thought the same as S/scamp and that the chambers didn't match. Sport

Thanks Man. I look foward to the OE posters better pictures myself.

Yeah that's all I was gettin at......and then he popped off....and well....lol I just want better pics is all.

I am interested in the heads.I would like more pictures.The head in the rear looks to be a closed chamber and the head in the front looks to be a poen chamber.I need to know if this true. Mark

You should buy two sets, then you can match the closed chamber heads and open chamber heads... and then sell them to us at a loss.... LOL!

Seriously, I can't believe that they sold these as a set. From my calibrated "eye micrometer" the machining of the head looks consistant. The solid material from the end bolt holes to the head/block face looks the same. If these were the same head and the machining was different to make the one seem closed chamber it would have had to have been milled to where the head face would have hit the bottom of the port on the "closed" chamber head. I would recommend looking for casting numbers on the heads and see if they are the same.

I suspect that these are two different castings (similiar except for one is closed chamber and other is open chamber). Someone at the head supplier must have mistakenly put one of each in the box for shipping as a set. It's a shame that you have to eat the cost for their mistake if you can't return these. These heads will not run very well on the same engine. One bank will have more compression than the other.

The auto makers have to control their combustion chambers so as not to have one point of compression variation. If they violate this spec, they can be sighted for emissions violations and forced to recall and repair all engines made with this variation. From the looks of the chambers in the picture, I would suspect that these heads would violate that standard. Wherever you got these heads should have to take them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back