Mopar cop cars?

-
Tempting offer there young man, but I think I'll have to pass on this one!!!

Are you done racing for the season?

Damn! Was worth a shot! Haha.

there is one race I'll be going to next weekend, but racing season is pretty much over. Racing is all i look forward to on the weekends.

Old cop cars are far and few between. Sell it and use that money to buy your drive train.

I'd buy it & make a nice driver out of it. As others have said, they're few & far between & are basically oversized musclecars so you won't have much "upgrading" to do. They're eliable as Hell, not too bad on mileage, have plenty of room, so why wouldn't you keep it?

I'd buy it & make a nice driver out of it. As others have said, they're few & far between & are basically oversized musclecars so you won't have much "upgrading" to do. They're eliable as Hell, not too bad on mileage, have plenty of room, so why wouldn't you keep it?
X2, dig it out and lets see some more pics.

As other people have said... you could probably get more than enough digging it out, cleaning it up a little, and then selling it for your drive train. That's what I would do.

As other people have said... you could probably get more than enough digging it out, cleaning it up a little, and then selling it for your drive train. That's what I would do.
There is quite a good bit of Mopar Cop Car lovers here on this site that would prolly snag it up

Is there documentation that indicates it is in fact a Bureau vehicle (FBI car)?

I don't have any documentation.

The VIN / Fender tag shows proves it is a police package. Still wears the factory blue paint.

There is no sign of it ever having antennas or spot lights.

Certified speedo

big looking voltage regulator..

Anyways, for news on it: Should have it home by tomorrow and cleaned up. Slowly come-alonging up out of the guys place. Just a few more non-running trucks to move and its out of there.

the driver floor board, i can see right through. And the driver 1/4 it pretty bad. Driver side rocker is as well.

More detail to follow tomorrow evening

Save it.... dont part it out because there are lots of guys that hunt for cars like this me being one.... Build it up or sell it to someone that will. Cop cars are just as important as a factory hemi car... its all american history and still a muscle car

Save it.... dont part it out because there are lots of guys that hunt for cars like this me being one.... Build it up or sell it to someone that will. Cop cars are just as important as a factory hemi car... its all american history and still a muscle car

I'm not so sure. It's rough, and I don't think anyone will offer me what I want for it.

Restoring a 67 4 door Fury isn't me. I'd rather restore another 67-69 Dart.

4 doors is 2 too many for me

Yeah I was once younger and hated 4 doors but heck now I love them... how many more 67-9 darts really need to be rebuilt build some old c bodies back up they are rarer now since every one in the late 70's-80's used them as "donor cars"

I'm not so sure. It's rough, and I don't think anyone will offer me what I want for it.

Im sure you could get enough to get a drivetrain out of it. Or even get a drivetrain traded for it. Cop cars ARE rare. Cuz everybody crushes C-body's or demo-derby's them. I have only seen 2 C-bodies in GA so far in 7 years of living here. Finding a cop car is a really rare find, there wasn't many ordered in the first place and alot are lost forever to crushers and otherwise and people using them as donor cars because cop car engines are desirable. Post some pics please.

I would say restore it or sell it to someone to restore, I would think that alot of cop cars, lost their engines as donors. My older brother back in the 80's used to bug the local salvage yards looking for hi-po cop car motors, never did find one. On the rare occasions that a old cop car shows up at the local car shows it always draws a crowd.

clean it up and throw it on ebay, just to see what happens. i love old copcars and think that any old car is worth trying to save if possible.

Finally got it dragged out. That was alot of work... Ive taken it to a car wash and sprayed it down and under the hood. But it was getting dark and started pouring so I couldn't get any decent pictures.

The floors are toast, the passenger side rocker is rust, driver 1/4 is full of rust, not sure of the trunk just yet, but its not looking good. Brake pedal is seized, window cranks, seized. Door handles, seized.

Going to need ALOT of wd40
roflblack.gif

Also have another blue fender that came with it..

Heres right after loading it up.

Fury008.jpg

Fury009.jpg

Fury010.jpg

I would trade it or sell it for the cores that the car has now. It is a cool car and too good to crush, believe us. You may not be into them now, but in 20 years you will regret it.
It's not the money.
The cores that the car has are easily found elsewhere.
Pass it on to someone that appreciates this kind of thing.
If nothing else, save the vin and the fender tag as souveniers. It would be interesting to see what the broadcast sheet looks like.
This car is Americana at it's best in the car hobby.
JMHO, Save it!

-
Back