MOPAR Dead?

-
But, not as rare as this MOPAR!

View attachment 1716194778
Nice car.. but remember new-be... I haven't been on this forum for 10 years and not have classic Mopars...
Nothing "rare" but all hand built...
Unfortunately the subject isn't new vs. old...
It's modern muscle.... but my ta is considered a classic by some...
Again, really nice barracuda you have there, but not my favorite years... I did like my wife's 66 as it was a one year only and the bubble back... To each there own and again nice example...

Mopar is not dead? The new daily's is irrelevant.

I pulled up with '69 GTX to our local quick gas & mart. And there was the nicest black on black Challenger I've ever seen. Scat pack 6.4l. (Non supercharger.) With a decent crowd around his car. I walked in to store and came out to him and some of his fans looking at the "X". I jokingly said. "Trade heads up" (which would not have been fair trade. His $55k car for my $35k car.) But he considered. Saying My wife would kill me! Lol.)

The point? It ain't over until we say it's over!

Last edited:
Who is forcing them to build electric? Is it their own decision?

Toyota said BS on electric and isn't jumping in. Ford and GM are cutting back electric because of low sales.

saw a headline today the house is voting against the presidents EV mandate. GGOOOOD!
It's not entirely their decision. The government has put so much pressure on the auto industry to switch to electric vehicles, by making the CAFE numbers almost impossible to reach with internal combustion engines, o they had to go electric or die. There's a lot to not like about electrification. There is so much dependency on China, for everything from charging stations, to the minerals needed to make the batteries, that if we ever were in an adversarial relationship with them, they could pretty much shut us down. At my age, don't know if I'll ever see it but there is a real possibility that it could happen.

Who is forcing them to build electric? Is it their own decision?

Toyota said BS on electric and isn't jumping in. Ford and GM are cutting back electric because of low sales.

saw a headline today the house is voting against the presidents EV mandate. GGOOOOD!
There is a need for both types of vehicles. Depends of your driving and your location.

I just watched a disturbing YouTube video about Stellantis and their takeover of Chrysler. For 2024 there are only 2 models. One of them is an Alfa Romeo minivan. No more Hemi-powered Chargers? Will this be the end of our favorite American car manufacturer?

See: and

IMHO, Chrysler Corp rolled over when their good engineers like Tom Gale left and the bean counters took over. For me about 72 or 73 was about the end. Yes the minivan was brilliant and made them a ton of money. That attracted the eye of Mordor, alias Diamler, who siphoned the money out of the bank and sold the leftovers claiming Chrysler was not profitable. Meanwhile the Saurkrautes had the cash.

It's been a long time coming. From what I understand Stellantis owns 24 names and are known as a Global Manufacturer.
I think it's just the Chrysler name and cars that will be done. Dodge may be completely electric by 2025. Or gone completely. Jeep and Ram may hang in a bit longer.
Due to the tremendous losses manufactures are facing because of being forced to produce electric cars,they are cutting out what they can.
Don't remember exact the amount that Ford has lost in the fourth quarter, something like 70 million.It may have been 700.
Elites at WEF are pushing electric. This cold has proven the phalicy of electric across the board. They have pushed sales without major upgrades to the electric grid, and wind and solar just are not the answer for that!
Convert diesel engines to run on natural gas will take care of most of the emissions. Instead of pig piss to clean up the NOX emissions inexpensive water injection can be used to lower the combustion temperatures which create NOX. For winter use water/methanol can be used, the methanol just to prevent freezing. But then those elite rectums do not pocket billions screwing crap out of the little people.

There is a need for both types of vehicles. Depends of your driving and your location.
EV's are good in temparate climates with high population density giving shorter driving distances. A look at the news this winter showing dead EV's lined up at charging stations is proving that extreme cold or heat are not the best locations for EV vehicles.

EV's are good in temparate climates with high population density giving shorter driving distances. A look at the news this winter showing dead EV's lined up at charging stations is proving that extreme cold or heat are not the best locations for EV vehicles.
You are proving his point?..

My 2007 truck was near the end of what they called DODGE trucks. It isn’t a RAM, It is a Dodge Ram 1500. Small detail but my old fashioned ways have me calling it a half ton, not a 1500.
I know… one should adapt or fade away but I’m still holding on to what I like.
I’ve wondered if I have had unusually good luck in my life… like a guardian angel stands in front of me clearing away problems before I ever encounter them. Some bad stuff slips through but I’ve had some really good luck with some things where others have struggled or suffered.
I made it through 36 years of construction intact with all my digits and hair.
I’ve had a few “close calls” in cars, with people, on rooftops and other places and have never been seriously hurt. I’ve had vehicles last longer than you’d expect when others had failures that cost them $$$.
Maybe I am just blessed for reasons that I don’t understand.

What engine?

Like the city gang bangers and left winged idiots and so on ride a bicycle in the city! :rofl: :icon_fU:

Companies are in business to make money. Period. In the fifties, a GM head honcho was said "we don't make cars, we make money". Obviously that leads to the consumer desires. But still......

and oh, anyone that doesn't think the government isn't in the automotive industry pushing their desires around is completely out of the loop. And that goes way back.... think of safety, EPA, and yes, EV's as well. 100% as well. I'll leave it at that...

Nice car.. but remember new-be... I haven't been on this forum for 10 years and not have classic Mopars...
Nothing "rare" but all hand built...
Unfortunately the subject isn't new vs. old...
It's modern muscle.... but my ta is considered a classic by some...
Again, really nice barracuda you have there, but not my favorite years... I did like my wife's 66 as it was a one year only and the bubble back... To each there own and again nice example...
"To each their own", exactly!
I'm just not a fan of the vertical tail lights in the early Barracudas.
To me, the appealing feature of the 67-69s is the classic 'Cuda look of the rear end and taillights.

Barracuda eyes.jpg

I'm tired of things being shoved down our throats. Things like front wheel drive, sideways engines, 4 door pickup with ridiculously short useless beds, too high sidewalls, these days what new "car" can you buy/everything is a wanna be "suv", "crossover, whatever you want to call them, definitely far from anything i want...
I like my 2 door b body. Even my 2 door (Mopar not GM) f body.
And my REGULAR CAB pickup, with it's cowl vents, dimmer switch on the floor where it belongs, wing windows, it's lack of a 27 function in 1 turn signals lever, wiper switch on the dash, headlight switch on the dash, and (haven't decided if it's gonna happen that way but I have everything on hand to make it be) 3 pedals and manual shifter coming up thru the floor, inline 6, slider back window that I can actually reach, things that need to come back if I'm gonna buy new.

EV's are good in temparate climates with high population density giving shorter driving distances. A look at the news this winter showing dead EV's lined up at charging stations is proving that extreme cold or heat are not
Like the city gang bangers and left winged idiots and so on ride a bicycle in the city! :rofl: :icon_fU:
Yup. That's the numb nuts. Ride a bicycle at -30°C.

EV's are good in temparate climates with high population density giving shorter driving distances. A look at the news this winter showing dead EV's lined up at charging stations is proving that extreme cold or heat are not

Yup. That's the numb nuts. Ride a bicycle at -30°C.
EVs are still in there infancy. 10-15 years from now the discussion will be moot. (I'm guessing hydrogen fuel cells will be the bridge to the future of EV technologies.) But maybe not?

Bottom line? Electric motors have significant advantages over internal combustion engines. And that technology is going to win the future.

But that does not mean an end of nostalgic appreciation and practices. Once upon a time Henry Ford was told his horse less carriages were the work of the devil. That crowd was wrong. But it wasn't the end of horses. They're just not used for daily commute by the masses.

I've never owned a wrong wheel drive (front wheel drive) anything and don't plan on it. Same sentiment for a glorified golf cart...
I hear more and more stories recently about them not getting near the range as claimed ( which in and of itself is still far too short) I have a 70 mile daily ride. If I run out of "juice" I can't have my wife bring me a can and pour it in somewhere so I can hit the key and make it to the gas station.
There's lots of rural cornfields between home and work, not really any gas stations between here and there as it is, let alone charging stations.

ev are great that is why 4 of my neighbors sold theirs' 60 miles to the city with snow on the highway cut range by 20% cold minus 20 another 30 to 40% had to pick up 2 of my neighbors twice lat year as they ran out of juice 20 miles from home

EVs are still in there infancy. 10-15 years from now the discussion will be moot. (I'm guessing hydrogen fuel cells will be the bridge to the future of EV technologies.) But maybe not?

Bottom line? Electric motors have significant advantages over internal combustion engines. And that technology is going to win the future.

But that does not mean an end of nostalgic appreciation and practices. Once upon a time Henry Ford was told his horse less carriages were the work of the devil. That crowd was wrong. But it wasn't the end of horses. They're just not used for daily commute by the masses.
Electric motors are not the problem. Battery charging and range is. Then where do the electrons come from to charge the batteries? Solar and wind have their own emissions and hazardous materials. Recycling is a problem yet to be worked out.
EV's have their place in temperate climates until the problems are worked out.
H2 has its problems on sourcing. Storage seems to be getting worked out. This also needs more work.
For the short term at least, natural gas in converted diesels as I stated is a good stepping stone, especially combined with hybrid.

Electric motors are not the problem. Battery charging and range is. Then where do the electrons come from to charge the batteries? Solar and wind have their own emissions and hazardous materials. Recycling is a problem yet to be worked out.
EV's have their place in temperate climates until the problems are worked out.
H2 has its problems on sourcing. Storage seems to be getting worked out. This also needs more work.
For the short term at least, natural gas in converted diesels as I stated is a good stepping stone, especially combined with hybrid.
Again, this is the limitations of lithium ion. The next generation of battery technology will bring an end to lithium as large storage solution. Let alone the advancements to solar energy conversion to supplement the EV's ranges.

All this should have been advanced starting 20+ years ago. But with some serious lobbying on part of the fossil fuel industry? R/D grants and funding was squelched.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0959652602000677

How a powerful US lobby group helps big oil to block climate action

It's no secret. I never believed those tales of big oil actually going after future innovators and newer design efforts physically.
Stanley Meyer: An Infamous Invention and Death - Institute on the Environment

There were certainly some crazy claims starting in the 70s. Most due to OPEC embargo. But lobbing hard? Absolutely. That effort continues today.

"To each their own", exactly!
I'm just not a fan of the vertical tail lights in the early Barracudas.
To me, the appealing feature of the 67-69s is the classic 'Cuda look of the rear end and taillights.

View attachment 1716195045
it all comes down to personal preferences, and that's what's so nice about the old stuff. We can get what we want and maybe even tweak it the way we want...
I like the 72-73 grill even though I have a perfect 74 for my 74... I still put the 72-73 grill on... just personal preference...
PXL_20220526_190610594.jpg

Some people like their car one hundred percent factory and some people like myself prefer a custom...
IMG_20200728_163012.jpg

-
Back