MOPAR Dead?

-
I just watched a disturbing YouTube video about Stellantis and their takeover of Chrysler. For 2024 there are only 2 models. One of them is an Alfa Romeo minivan. No more Hemi-powered Chargers? Will this be the end of our favorite American car manufacturer?

See: and

based on inventory levels rams, challengers and chargers dont sell

Again, this is the limitations of lithium ion. The next generation of battery technology will bring an end to lithium as large storage solution. Let alone the advancements to solar energy conversion to supplement the EV's ranges.

All this should have been advanced starting 20+ years ago. But with some serious lobbying on part of the fossil fuel industry? R/D grants and funding was squelched.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0959652602000677

How a powerful US lobby group helps big oil to block climate action

It's no secret. I never believed those tales of big oil actually going after future innovators and newer design efforts physically.
Stanley Meyer: An Infamous Invention and Death - Institute on the Environment

There were certainly some crazy claims starting in the 70s. Most due to OPEC embargo. But lobbing hard? Absolutely. That effort continues today.
But that is still no excuse for attacking and trying to ELIMINATE fossil fuels at the expense of fossil workers and the tax paying, fossil fuel using public!
So, now the script is flipped. The EV industry and gobment are the oppressors.

There is a place for Gobment! But, it isn't in picking winners and losers at the expense of the taxpayers.

But that is still no excuse for attacking and trying to ELIMINATE fossil fuels at the expense of fossil workers and the tax paying, fossil fuel using public!
So, now the script is flipped. The EV industry and gobment are the oppressors.
Who said "Eliminate?" How come everything is one side or the other? And where was this outrage when fossil fuels dictated options?

I understand that EVs lack the "Cool factor." But the future waits for no one. We either lead. Or fall from US leadership roles.

Who said "Eliminate?" How come everything is one side or the other? And where was this outrage when fossil fuels dictated options?

I understand that EVs lack the "Cool factor." But the future waits for no one. We either lead. Or fall from US leadership roles.
Because that is what the current president said he wanted to do to coal!
His words!
I really don't need to approach political.
But, that is the goal of the whole Climate Scare Left! That is where the pressure is coming from.
Look at Kal-E-Fornica!!!! No gas vehiles after 2025???

Thank the Founders for "States Rights"!

I've never owned a wrong wheel drive (front wheel drive) anything and don't plan on it. Same sentiment for a glorified golf cart...
I hear more and more stories recently about them not getting near the range as claimed ( which in and of itself is still far too short) I have a 70 mile daily ride. If I run out of "juice" I can't have my wife bring me a can and pour it in somewhere so I can hit the key and make it to the gas station.
There's lots of rural cornfields between home and work, not really any gas stations between here and there as it is, let alone charging stations.
Front wheel drive is great for autos. More stabile in icy, snowy or mud as it pulls you through. Now what is driving those wheels is the problem.

His words!
But, that is the goal of the whole Climate Scare Left! That is where the pressure is coming from.

Kal-E-Fornica. I call it Clownyfornicatia. Either way it is all f*cked up.

His words!

There's a political part of this forum where you can attack each other about your personal opinions..

Fossil fuel cars are going nowhere in our lifetime..fact..

His words!

Front wheel drive is great for autos. More stabile in icy, snowy or mud as it pulls you through. Now what is driving those wheels is the problem.
Besides my other MOPARS, I am on my 7th Modified PT Cruiser.
All of them have been great on snow and ice.
My currebt Flagship has 174K on the speedo, and like my others, if kept up with good maintenence, never have an engine or tranny problem.
(Half have been GTs)

Driver's side close up.jpg

I'm as "dyed in the wool" Chrysler, as anybody. I also have a brain. Chrysler effectively died with the Daimler merger. Granted, a lot of good technology swapped hands....but they were there to loot Chrysler. People should just be happy that the Charger and Challenger happened, along with the SRT branding and such. I will not kid myself into believing anything "Chrysler" really exists, anymore. It's a global holding company, that does investing [loyal to it's Euro membership/origins]. There are no car-guys, but lots are bean-counters. When I ask people in the know to see about things, higher-up...I'm almost always told that there are no answers, because there are no "Chrysler" people left. I bought 2 2023's, before anything ICE and vaguely Chrysler disappeared.
View attachment 1716194457

View attachment 1716194458

If you ever tap a parking curb with that front spoiler, get out and make sure you're not hung up on any rebar sticking up out of the locating holes before you back up.

It'll pull the front bumper cover clean off that car.

Thank God for rental insurance. :D

This is what I got and I find it much more sexier
than the challenger and charger. Also, you will see a hundred challengers and chargers before you see one of these on the road anymore... It's not as fast but could be and an absolute fun car to drive...
View attachment 1716194627
Those might be fun for the driver, but horrible for the passenger in the front seat, GM put the converter in a big hump right where the passenger feet set.

Besides my other MOPARS, I am on my 7th Modified PT Cruiser.
All of them have been great on snow and ice.
My currebt Flagship has 174K on the speedo, and like my others, if kept up with good maintenence, never have an engine or tranny problem.
(Half have been GTs)

View attachment 1716195319
Proof positive beauty is in the eye of the beholder...(beer holder...lol..)

This is what I got and I find it much more sexier
than the challenger and charger. Also, you will see a hundred challengers and chargers before you see one of these on the road anymore... It's not as fast but could be and an absolute fun car to drive...
View attachment 1716194627
I had a Trans Am once. As a car, it was fine. I just couldn't afford the gold chains, polyester shirts and Guido grease for my hair.

My wife has plenty of room and loves the car...
Buddy of mine bought a new '97 Forumula 350 6 speed WS6 suspension package T Top and everything else. He throws me the keys says take it for a drive. Fast super impressive car. I burned rubber grabbed second spun the tires then looked down at odometer 250 miles on it whoops. Car was super nice but he got caught drunk driving multiple times so his parents made him sell it to pay for lawyers. But yeah first year LS1 GM had a hell of a car there.

Buddy of mine bought a new '97 Forumula 350 6 speed WS6 suspension package T Top and everything else. He throws me the keys says take it for a drive. Fast super impressive car. I burned rubber grabbed second spun the tires then looked down at odometer 250 miles on it whoops. Car was super nice but he got caught drunk driving multiple times so his parents made him sell it to pay for lawyers. But yeah first year LS1 GM had a hell of a car there.
In nineteen ninety seven that would have been an l t one not an l s one..
My first one was black on black hard top automatic and I absolutely loved it.. A year ago when I started my search for one that I have, I was looking for the same.. For the same price I had a 2001 LS1 auto lined up, But I just liked the 97 front clip much better.
Again personal preference...
I ended up with a 95-T top 6 speed with seventy five thousand miles..

In nineteen ninety seven that would have been an l t one not an l s one..
My first one was black on black hard top automatic and I absolutely loved it.. A year ago when I started my search for one that I have, I was looking for the same.. For the same price I had a 2001 LS1 auto lined up, But I just liked the 97 front clip much better.
Again personal preference...
I ended up with a 95-T top 6 speed with seventy five thousand miles..
The GenIII SBC, aka "LS" for the RPO code, that replaced the Vortec era debuted in '97 'vettes '98 in 'maros & 'birds, not sure if a WS6 package was an exception. The GenV's & up are referred to as "LT"'s, cornfusing things with the older LT's...fwiw...
either way, the best of the Vortecs weren't slouches by any means either..

The GenIII SBC, aka "LS" for the RPO code, that replaced the Vortec era debuted in '97 'vettes '98 in 'maros & 'birds, not sure if a WS6 package was an exception. The GenV's & up are referred to as "LT"'s, cornfusing things with the older LT's...fwiw...
either way, the best of the Vortecs weren't slouches by any means either..
There was of course firehawks and a very little known firebird called a blackbird.. Between the LT1 and the LS1 There was about a 45 horsepower difference from about 275 to about 320.
I think the later generation was like an L T3 or an LT4 or 5. I'm not sure...
The funny thing is all the modern muscle cars. Challengers and chargers absolutely never under any circumstances try me when I have my duster on the street. But every last one of them want to challenge my trans am...
I could take eight or ten hours and bolt on a pro charger, then give them one hell of the run for their money.... The factory LT1 would have no problem handling the extra 130 horsepower...

My buddies must have been a '98 because I know it was the first year of the LS that detail I am sure. Decades ago when he bought it new I know it was an LS so I have to be wrong on the model year. The '98 Camaros had the different headlights so those were more obvious to tell the LS from the non-LS cars back then.

My buddies must have been a '98 because I know it was the first year of the LS that detail I am sure. Decades ago when he bought it new I know it was an LS so I have to be wrong on the model year. The '98 Camaros had the different headlights so those were more obvious to tell the LS from the non-LS cars back then.
My preference is the 93 to 97 nose as it just seems a little more slick around the park lights and the headlights flush in..
Screenshot_20240121_200648_Google.jpg

The 98-02 Appears a more aggressive because of the scoops.. 93-97 can get scoops on the hood as well.( Again not my preference) it has big openings for the were the park lights are and the headlights don't quite flush down in the front of them...
Screenshot_20240121_200953_Google.jpg

Since we're on the subject all all ten years had tail lights that interchanged... These basic headlights came in the first years and the second half of the generation had what is called the honeycomb... There was also a grid version for some of the special firehawks and other packages. But they delaminated very quickly and are a bit more rare to see them in good shape. But I do prefer the honeycomb and I did up grade to them.. They are not cheap used and not super easy to find in great condition...
There is a company that makes them custom with birds on them and stuff like that. But they want 2 arms and half of a leg...

Screenshot_20240121_202322_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240121_202357_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240121_202302_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240121_202456_Google.jpg

Dodge produced millions of the 5.2 and 5.9 Magnums for about 10 years, introduced the Gen3 Hemi 20 years ago and there must be millions of those in circulation as well. That’s more than enough high HP potential transplants for the only Mopars I ever cared about; A, B, E bodies etc. For how many years were our near and dear Mopars manufactured? 10? I’m personally grateful. Thank you Dodge.

-
Back