Mopar Dufuses in the 80s

-
If we are talking the "Joe Dirt" type of Mopar car modifications, lets include some of the things we STILL see to this day:
*BLACK engine bays in cars that are NOT painted black. Come on, people....this looks like **** and makes people think that you took cheap *** shortcuts elsewhere. Rare exceptions include Factory prototypes, Drag Race cars, dedicated road course cars and people that are retarded.

Thanks Kern Dog, I think you're a fucktard too! :poke::poke: Good thing I'm painting my 66 black!
engine 296.jpg
29852627_1296127650531991_1766134234_n.jpg

Told the story before but....

1990, worked at a time share with my brother in law doing building maint.
One of the cleaning crew knew we were car guys and one day he says-
"you know, I customize cars, too".

So we walk outside to look at his bone stock 1985 5th Ave.
The only "mods" were a CD hanging from the rear view mirror, although the car did not have a CD player, and a pair of cheap parts store opera lights drywall screwed to the vinyl on the C pillars, and when I say "screwed to the vinyl", it was because none of the screws penetrated the metal, and were clearly visible, lifting the crooked lights about 3/4 of an inch, and letting the not connected wiring hang down about 4 inches.

He just stood there beaming with pride.

My brother and I must have been in shock because I don't remember either one of us saying anything at all.

Ok, admit it. Everyone here had those foot shaped gas pedal and dimmer switch.Yep, I had the mini steering wheel too.
I remember when just about every mopar had those damn traction bars on them.

That's what clinched it for me on my recent acquisition. Looking for the small one for the dimmer.

IMG_1159.JPG

I always had trouble with the fact that the dimmer foot was so much smaller than the gas pedal foot.

if they were the same size.....

I like it. Makes the car not look so heavy... Makes it a little easier to get in and out of … more header clearance... a little more crawl space if your on your back..... whats there not to like???
I like it. That's why I did it.

For me it's something to see. It is more of a show car. really we can all go to the dealership and see them in their bone-stock form. And I absolutely love to see a 100% bone stock restoration of something really cool from the factory. My car was a 73 slant 6. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend thousands of dollars trying to get back to that....

Ok, I could live without the lights on the bars... LOL
:D
thumbs up on the rest...
so the only reason I put those lights back there was because of my best friend back in high school. (Still is today) it was back in the early 80s and and we were teenagers and I put them on my 73 javelin. All my friends thought they were cool. Come on man we were long haired stoners in the early 80s going to concerts and picking up chicks. It was cool. 82nd was the third largest cruising strip in the United States and we were there every Friday and Saturday night with my little lights on in the back looking cool! LOL or at least that's the way I'm going to remember it LOL

I hope you noticed I used a cheap piece of speaker wire on purpose just like back in the day. But instead of a switch on the dashboard with no fuses I just hooked it up to a fuse and to one of the rear side marker so it just comes on with the lights.

I woul

and that fuel line hanging down there with that big ole loop is safe?
all you need is one big ole possum crossing the street at an inopportune moment and that hose turns into a fuse
Pucking safety police give me a break.
You looking for a job with the fun police on this forum too? :poke:
(Does triple-r still have yr in fun police training?)
give me a break I could point out 10 things on my car that are four hundred times more dangerous! LOL

Pucking safety police give me a break.
You looking for a job with the fun police on this forum too? :poke:
(Does triple-r still have yr in fun police training?)
give me a break I could point out 10 things on my car that are four hundred times more dangerous! LOL
Note to self avoid big possums on the road LOL..

Ok, admit it. Everyone here had those foot shaped gas pedal and dimmer switch.Yep, I had the mini steering wheel too.
I remember when just about every mopar had those damn traction bars on them.
Dont forget that equalizer "booster", always good for static when you move the sliders.
I remember A LOT of rancheros,mustangs,torinos etc all raked up in the back.

Fuzzy dice.. I had some a REAL man made in super size out of bull hide, hair on!! They are so big they bent the rear view mirror. ha... NO , not really.
Outta see my 70 slant Volare. The PO installed what looks to be SS springs, it does sit up in the air, but level!!! ha If I keep it and paint it, it will get the 79 duster stripe kit!!!!! BUT keep the lowly super six!!

My first car back in HS was a 49 chevy straight six, wore out, I washed it that first day with Comet to clean off 35 yrs worth of pecan tree stain! Then I put a red racing strip own the middle!! A smart kid asked IF I thought it was fast!? I replied no dumbass, it is a JOKE!! ha....Mae me wonder how he was the pres. of the BETA CLUB!!!

Possums, I hit a big one in a wore out dart, bad suspension, put me in the ditch!!

coyotes can run 47 mph, roadrunners an run 23 mph....my whole childhood was a damn lie!!

Realistic 40 WPC with the up and down buttons instead of sliders.

That one kicked ***.

-
Back