Mopar Electronic Ignition Questions

-

Robb

Reaction score
I have read a lot of negative comments about the Mopar ignition converstion. My '69/340 came with this ignition installed, and it seems to work fine for me and I don't want to change it, but what spare parts do I need have for when/if it goes down?

Also how do I obtain replacement parts like the cap and rotor? Do I have to go to mopar, or can I go to the parts store and reference a particular model/year??

Thanks,

my aspen has the orig electronic ign and it works fine i also just replaced the cap and rotor got it from orielyeasy i got my ones for the valiant at napa and pending what elec ign u got my vsaliant has a red box msd.i havnt had ant truble with either of them.
hope this helps

parts are available at any auto parts store
a spare ballast resistor and ignition box are good things to have with you

what year do I reference at the auto parts store for stock replacement stuff?

73 dart should be fine. not sure what ballast your running though. do the mp direction list part numbers for replacement parts?

this is why it is a good idea to get to know the guy behind the counter at a quality auto parts store, a professional who knows what they are doing, not some kid at autozone who only goes by what is on the computer screen

but in a pinch I ask for parts for an 83 dodge van because that is what I got my electronic ignition out of

I don't have any info on the MP ignition stuff I have installed... it was done by the previous owner. I will to do some more research... Thanks all!

-
Back