Mopar Emectronic Ignition Install

-

6dart9

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on installing the electronic ignition kit from Summit?

Once I get my electrical problems all worked out I want to install the Electronic Ignition seems like it should be pretty straight forward and easy.

Please share your experiences if you have one so i will know what to look out for

Thanks!

Done a few without the bought kit, however with a kit and directions suppled you should have no problems. My only tip I can share would be to ensure that you re-wire all your connections correctly "and" double check them..prior to flash up..(take your time). Also depending on your vehicles wiring if anyone before you has changed or updated wires you may have a problem connecting or finding the right one and this could add to some problems. When I changed mine over to electronic, I basicly unwrapped most of the old firewall wires so I could ID them all for their correct path to subject locations and parts. I found doing it this way very EZ and help me understand my complete compartments wiring. Besides...any other way and you could be left with "balls" of left over wire (ugly).
PS-Ensure your New Unit (org box)and Volt regular are grounded good when you attached it to your firewall!
PSS-Get the updated 70s Voltage Reg as well if you have the old large black ballist field type!
Good luck (hope she flashes first time for ya):toothy10:

its cake man..

Misc.&

Yea I dl the instructions and it looks pretty easy

it was suposed to be here tody so i could install it on sat but looks like i wont get it till monday now.

When I change to the 70's style regulator will that mess anything else up like gauges and what not? (chevy guy all my life up until about a month ago when i bought the dart)

Thanks for the info

justin

Yea I dl the instructions and it looks pretty easy

it was suposed to be here tody so i could install it on sat but looks like i wont get it till monday now.

When I change to the 70's style regulator will that mess anything else up like gauges and what not? (chevy guy all my life up until about a month ago when i bought the dart)

Thanks for the info

justin

nope. thats a straight forward swap too.. i have a diagram for that too if you need it.

Southernhotrods.com has an electronic voltage regulator that is a direct swap for your old mechanical one. Heard all sorts of horror stories about durability with these but mine has been there for a year now and no problems. Took less than 5 minutes to make the swap including grounding one of the fields on the two field alternator.

Southernhotrods.com has an electronic voltage regulator that is a direct swap for your old mechanical one. Heard all sorts of horror stories about durability with these but mine has been there for a year now and no problems. Took less than 5 minutes to make the swap including grounding one of the fields on the two field alternator.

My older brother used the same on his 66 merc and did fine to.
But he only drove it about six mouths with it.

How is the nee sir:wav:

nope. thats a straight forward swap too.. i have a diagram for that too if you need it.

I received the kit today if you by chance have that wiring diagram i would greatly appreciate it because I don't see it anywhere else

Thanks

I will let you know ow it goes when i install it

-
Back