Mopar Factory 15x8 Wheels?

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I am wanting to run 15 x 8 steel wheels on the back of my Duster with a standard width 8 1/4" rear.

What vehicles run these wheels? I want OEM because I want my dog dishes.

I'm thinking maybe a Full time Dodge truck, but I don't know for sure.

If 15 x 8's are not around, what would I look under to get a 15 x 7?

Thanks, ROB

I don't know of any factory stock, maybe cop wheels but I'm pretty sure those were 7 inch. I had mine custom made by Stockton Wheel and Rim (10 years ago), they will run you in the nieghborhood of $500-$600 for a set of four, and half that if you only want 2 for the rear. They have a measure ment page for ordering that will show you how to figure out back spacing, if you decide you can afford that.

Super Coupes had 15X8" rims that looked lik ethe 15X7" cop rims. They are rare and $$$

Cool. I would definately run the super coupe wheels if they were available.

I doubt I would do the Stockton route. I like their stuff but it is a bit high. I would just buy the aftermarket Rallys through Summit most likely.

I don't want to sound like a horrible tightwad, but I have several projects going, including a half-finished large Willys etc. that needs to be finished by winter.

Sounds like I will have to settle for 7" wheels. It isn't an urgent thing.

Thank you, ROB

Mid 70's Ramchargers had a 15 x 8 steel wheel option that will accept a dog dish hub cap.

Super Coupe & the Magnum GT 15 x 8 will not accept a hub cap. They do not have the lugs to snap the cap on. They do have the 3 holes in the center to mount any mopar center cap. I have 2 of these wheels for sale, $100.00 each + shipping. 918-224-4987 or [email protected]

Ok so maybe a Ramcharger. Thank you for the offer Mike, but I was wanting to use dog dishes for the "budget look".

Thank you, ROB

Ok so maybe a Ramcharger. Thank you for the offer Mike, but I was wanting to use dog dishes for the "budget look".

Thank you, ROB

Somebody's making them. Unfortunately, I have no idea where mine came from. They PO said they were cop car wheels. Wish I could have measured them when I had the tires put on, but just eyballing them they looked closer to 8 than 7 to me. It had 215 60s on the front that looked too narrow for the rims and handled/rode and handled like crap because of this, I believe.

See my picture of my car, how do my wheels and tires look? 245/60 r15 on steel wheels factory dog dish hubcaps. As far as budget, pishaw, I like this look way better than bling wheels.
BTW, the front wheels are 7" wide, rears are 8", can you tell by "eyeballin it"? I don't really think so.

Long way from what I started with. Sorta, it's all underneath for the most part: engine, trans, rear, suspension, chasis, brakes. Still need to paint it.
1339463-dart%204.jpg

I was eyeballin it with a tape measue when they were off the car before I took them in to get new tires put on. Take a look at the 255s on mine and see the difference! OH BTW, the PO had 205s on it before. I'm pretty sure they're 215s now, forget will take a look later. But they are all four the same rims. Could be 7s, could be 7.5's could be 8s. Dunno, but they are not typical, that's for sure...

I would say that the wheels you have now look much better than the rallys. The low buck steel wheels and caps is one of the reasons that I like Mopars. They look great.

ROB

Ramchargers had the 15X8 wheels you are looking for. I remember that from my old Direct Connection Chassis Manual. They are no longer available from Ma' Mopar, but they should be easy to find on the internet or salvage yards.
I was bidding on a set on E-bay a month or so back. But, missed the last call for bids. Doh!.

Rev

I was working on the Duster today (Firm Feel Steering Box! :headbang: ) and noticed I could just pass the tape measure through one of the slots and easily measure the rims quite accurately. They are definitely 8". That's bead-to-bead, a full 8". They are realtively new and they guy I bought the car from last year said they are cop car wheels, so someone is making them.

Check my pics to see what the steelies w/dog dishes looks like on a Duster. I like that look too.

Cheers!

I got my 15x8's from Frank Long "The Wheel Guy" htttp//the-wheel-guy.com
I haven't got the tires yet but they will acccept dog dish and look real nice.

That's the great thing about our sport/hobby everybody likes different things, I like the rallyes.

I have been looking into the Summit ones. I think for now I will just find some 15 x 7 steelies and run those.

Thanks, ROB

8 inch wheels came on mid 70s Ramchargers, getting tough to find now though. You can find 7s all day long under M bodys. Dave

i have 15x8 police interceptors on my scamp all 4 with 255/60's and the correct dish on them with all the little holes in em on it and it looks good i have two more "cop wheels" that are 15x8 with a 2 inch band in them with slicks but the set i have on it i got them and the dog bowl covers for 100$ i brought them home sand blasted primed and painted them black they look like new

1qwikScamp said:
i have 15x8 police interceptors on my scamp all 4 with 255/60's and the correct dish on them with all the little holes in em on it and it looks good i have two more "cop wheels" that are 15x8 with a 2 inch band in them with slicks but the set i have on it i got them and the dog bowl covers for 100$ i brought them home sand blasted primed and painted them black they look like new

Are you sure those are 8"? I thought they only made then in 7".

Ace said:
I was working on the Duster today (Firm Feel Steering Box! :headbang: ) and noticed I could just pass the tape measure through one of the slots and easily measure the rims quite accurately. They are definitely 8". That's bead-to-bead, a full 8". They are realtively new and they guy I bought the car from last year said they are cop car wheels, so someone is making them.

Check my pics to see what the steelies w/dog dishes looks like on a Duster. I like that look too.

Cheers!

Yeah, I'm sure.

-
Back