Mopar-filled weekend...

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Yesterday, my wife, my son and I drove from Central IL to just north of Columbus, OH to help my dad with some things. We have seen quite a few classic Mopars since we left IL. On the way over here, just before Indianapolis, a cherry 69 Charger R/T (it was badged that way, at least) got on the highway in front of us and then exited a few miles later. Today, we were driving from Centerburg, OH up to Mt. Vernon and saw an early 70s Dart Swinger in someone's driveway. From what I saw on my brief glimpse, it was yellow with a white painted (not vinyl) top. When we got closer to Mt. Vernon, from the left of the highway was a line of four classic cars. There was a mid-60s yellow El Camino, a black 30s Ford deuce, a suped-up reddish Maverick (why???), and a 70 AAR 'Cuda (That's what it looked like, anyway) The 'Cuda looked to be dressed in Plum Crazy. Then, on the way back, we passed a used car lot with what looked like a black '65 Dart on the lot. I haven't seen this many Mopars in one geographical area in a long time!

We actually followed the purple 'Cuda and his buddies for awhile, thinking they might be going to a car show, but we lost them at a stop light. Figures.

-
Back