Mopar Graveyard Hidden in the Carolina Hills

-
amazing... but totally believable.

too bad those cars could not have found a good home decades ago... where are the flippers when they are needed~!????

I've been there, and it's pretty much just like the pictures. I live in the mountains of NC, and that stuff ain't here! Out of respect for Ryan and his blog, I won't say where it is.

If the guy has passed away I bet he bought them at least 30 years ago, and did not pay more than $100 for each car in the mid 80's parts cars were cheap back then.

I bought a running 71 cuda with a rusted trunk one time for $50 good frame and floor.
Parted that old gal out and made $500 good money at the time.
Got my $50 back when I stuffed the interior full of old washers and refrigerators at the scrap yard.

Back then they were just old cars before muscle car craze Barrett Jackson.

If the guy has passed away I bet he bought them at least 30 years ago, and did not pay more than $100 for each car in the mid 80's parts cars were cheap back then.

I bought a running 71 cuda with a rusted trunk one time for $50 good frame and floor.
Parted that old gal out and made $500 good money at the time.
Got my $50 back when I stuffed the interior full of old washers and refrigerators at the scrap yard.

Back then they were just old cars before muscle car craze Barrett Jackson.

my story is about the same. the first Mopar I bought was bout 85, a 69 383 roadrunner roller for $50. inc a 361 block! I later sold t to guy that parted it out. the funny part of this story is this same guy calls me up 6-8-10 years later. wanted to sell me ALL his mopar stuff. he lived in a very large surbaurban home. in the basement were all those parts plus a complete 440 six pack engine and just tons of parts daaana, 4 speed, tons!!! plus a 69 3838 4 speed roller, original black car with green int! yes factory! sells it all for just a crazy low price!! seems his wife wanted this stuff OR him gone!!
one night few months later I see this FBI spokesman talking bout a case, it was HIM! I loved the deal, but hates to see him have to get rid of it all.

I've been there, and it's pretty much just like the pictures. I live in the mountains of NC, and that stuff ain't here! Out of respect for Ryan and his blog, I won't say where it is.

Peedens old place? Everything there is worth a fortune to the wife.

I have been to Peedin's even sold him a road runner in the 80's.I don't know if that is his place or not but I am leaning towards no.

On another note, Is there anyone in NC area who would be interested in a 8 3/4 stock rear end? I believe it is from a B Body. We are moving and I cannot take it with me due to lack of storage. Need it gone ASAP. PM me if interested

old thread i know,..id love to see this yard!! thought it was one my neighbors at first he got over 200 mopars all 68 threw 70,..maybe 25 show quality,1 owner 69 roadrunner with 700 miles...super bird mostly 2 door B bodys....shame to see that much horded away.... JDMopar pm me this adress ill pm back my neighbor!

The author of that article always agrees to not disclose the location of the stuff he writes about. I respect his integrity for doing so, and will leave it up to him as to whether the location be disclosed. I will only say this about that place......if ANYTHING there was for sale at a reasonable price, Ted, Tony, Steve Ivester, or J&J in FL would have bought it out years ago. Ryan Brutt is on Moparts, and his screen name is Devil. You could try sending him a PM there to see if he will tell where it is.

The author of that article always agrees to not disclose the location of the stuff he writes about. I respect his integrity for doing so, and will leave it up to him as to whether the location be disclosed. I will only say this about that place......if ANYTHING there was for sale at a reasonable price, Ted, Tony, Steve Ivester, or J&J in FL would have bought it out years ago. Ryan Brutt is on Moparts, and his screen name is Devil. You could try sending him a PM there to see if he will tell where it is.
Good to know that they are still some out there I said I wasn't sure. But you are right on those guys!

-
Back