mopar head gaskets

-

bigdemo1

Reaction score
new head gaskets showed up,but which goes up the side with the metal between the bores?or the other side?

I see by the title of your post that you may be talking about Mopar Performance head gasket. I don't believe I've ever seen head gaskets with steel on one side and fiber on the other. Are they Mopar brand? toolman

They typically go on with printed/stamped side up. I'm not entirely sure what defining features your particular gaskets have.

they are the mopar gaskets P.N.#4120094 sort of bluish grey,one side has 4 seperate rings/other has 4 circles joined at center of bore,sorry best description.

I took a shortcut by snapping pictures of a Fel-Pro gasket showing the top side with some characteristic holes pointed out. I couldn't find any good pictures of the gaskets mentioned to really see what's going on.
Headgskt-01.jpg
Headgskt-02.jpg

Headgskt-01.jpg

Headgskt-02.jpg

It's the big rings that are at the top of bores,joined side or unjoined?

With the dowel pins installed the head gaskets only go on one way.

Thanks guys funny what you forget,damn memory,motor is not apart yet still waitin for heads when I got home today there was a U.P.S.sticky on the door so maybe tomorrow.Everything is here except heads and cam,got my M.S.D. E=core dist,crane gold roller rockers,hyd.lifters head gaskets,carb,hedders etc.can hardly wait.

-
Back