Mopar In My Blood

-

DartVador

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just found this forum while doing a search for information on a narrowed Dana 60 (4 link) for an A Body - 74 Dart Sport. Not ever being on this forum before, I did not know there was already a user name DartVadar. I did NOT copy and just change the spelling. Pure coincidence!!!

I have had my Dart Sport since about 1977. It started life with a slant 6. As a project in a high school mechanics class, I cobbled up the slant 6 K frame and installed a built up 318. I never really finished the project, although, I did drive it. Unfortunately, in 1979 I hit a rather tall curb - bending the K frame and steering. I limped the car home and it has been parked ever since - inside. Just a few months ago, I dug it out of the corner of my shop where it had been sitting in Illinois and hauled it up to my new home in Northern Wisconsin. The car is virtually rust free, except for a small spot on the front of the right door bottom. Unfortunately, mice have exacted pure havoc on the interior. The seats were not in it, but carpeting is chewed and it stinks!

I am planning on a complete resto-mod. I don't know when (or if?) I will ever be able to afford it. Part of my plans include going with a narrowed Dana 60 with a stroked out 340 at the front. What trans will be in-between, I have not decided yet. In beginning my research on a narrowed Dana, I did a google on the subject, and found this forum.

I do drive a GMC truck these days and have driven GMCs for quite a while now. This is due to friends of mine being a dealer in Illinois and another friend being a salesman for a dealer in Southern Wisconsin. Other than that I bleed Mopar. Unfortunately, I no longer have the 69 Charger shown in my avatar. In one of my top 3 stupid mistakes of my lifetime - I sold the Charger in 1982 to buy my first wife an engagement ring. The 79 Powerwagon has been sitting since about 86 after blowing up its 360 at a rather high RPM (don't ever drive angry and manually shift an automatic is all I will say - LOL). The Dart I still have and, like I said, am making plans to resto-mod it. I don't know when I will be able to start the project. First, I need to build a new shop at my current location. However, just like when I was a teen and took the slant 6 out - I wanna start on it NOW!!! -LOL :coffee2:

Welcome to FABO! You won't find a more knowledgeable group of MOPAR guys (and gals) in one place. I've learned a ton since being here!

Thanks everyone! I will keep that in mind when I can finally start rebuilding it. Hell, I haven't even had time to wash it since pulling it out of storage.
Dart_zpseb939eb9.jpg

Welcome from one dartvadar to another dartvador! LOL

Nice dart looks pretty good besides being dirty, you came to the right place to get it going again!

-
Back