Mopar Land Yacht! Should I?

-
Now, that is a cruiser. Of course, I would want it in black so I could go cruise the Vegas strip in it (ala: Rat Pack days).

Nice car. I remember seeing those cars when I was a kid. What a nice interior. I would cruise that car.

I think the $5400 buy now price is reasonable and the wife likes it way more that the 64 Impala I was looking at (so do I).

I've always wanted a big mopar cruiser. I seen that on ebay. I always look at them. Definitely buy it! You have Mommas approval and you don't want to ruin your driveway with a bowtie.

I like it. Always had a soft spot for the big barges. Wish I had never sold my '66 Newport...

very clean, 1300 lookers if you want it you should jump, I say it will go soon.

You can always get a lot more fore your money with these cars, definitely worth the price to have a car for the wife.

-I guess mpg isn't a concern?

Believe it or not, these land yachts aren't as bad on fuel as you may think. My uncle has a couple 57 300c's with the 392 Hemi and he gets 20+ on the highway. Probably less than 10 if you stick your foot in it though.

Definitely seems like a good deal. I'd say you should go look at it. You don't see very many 2 doors. I had a 62 Crown Coupe about 25 years ago. The gas mileage was pretty good (18-20).

I love the '65's, almost bought one myself a couple years ago. Last year of the 413. On the plus side it's a coupe without a vinyl roof and it looks to be in beautiful shape. On the minus side there's no a/c, that lowers it's value. I guess it depends on how you feel about that.

I agree that the asking price is on the mark or even low for what it is. That said I will point out that for an Imperial it is a stripo. Power brakes/steering/ant/seats/window/auto are standard. Great red leather int!
I had a 66 New Yorker (loaded with disc brakes/even auto pilot). The Imperial will out handle the Caddies and Lincolns. Friend here has a 66 Imperial and it has a great ride. Ask the seller if he has the cover for the spare tire-that is all I saw missing in the pictures.
Lynn

I like it a lot, looks to be in great shape, the correct amount of doors and the price is right! :-D

There's something to be said about cruising in one of these.. Agree it would look killer in black. Beautifully looked after. I like it.

Grant

Wife and I were talking about it not having air (she wants air but I told her that even if we find one with air we would be lucky if it worked). It is a low optioned car (for an Imperial) like was mentioned above.

I have the "OK" to put in a bid or I may just contact the seller and drive up and have a look.

That car looks fantastic for the money... I'd buy it in a heartbeat! About the A/C, you might be able to get a conversion kit from Vintage Air or Classic Auto Air.

-
Back