Mopar Magazines

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

There must be a Ford Chevy conspiracy going down. I can hardly find a Mopar mag. anywhere :(

-- You aren't missing anything anyway, those damn dodges are nothing but problems --
-----------------
Smiley No No.JPG

Hi everybody:

There must be a Ford Chevy conspiracy going down. I can hardly find a Mopar mag. anywhere :(
Nope ... Just paper issues,disappearing... because of websites, like Fabo(and related) ... Yellow Bullet ,and other obvious ones dedicated to a brand/type of car... (I like Fox bodied 80's Fords, " four eyed pride.com" ...is one of my favorite(s)....

Hi everybody:

Chrysler Power is still out there. www.chryslerpower.com
Cppa, flat rocks... Read it as a teenager, it disappeared... Came back in Cali,for about a year... Has disappeared, from newsstands.... A true ,...
down to Earth Mopar grassroots magazine....

I'm not a big fan of chrysler power. Last months issue had a local Jeep SRT8 that a local D-Nozzle owns. They call it the dumpster. Claims 900+hp and daily drivability. That's BS! Last local mopar show it got trailered in and ha to be pushed back on the trailer to get it home after it broke! Maybe it's not the mags fault, just some false info they were given.

What is there to put in a magazine that hasn't been done a hundred times anyway? Who would a publisher cater the magazine to? The rich, who can afford them, or the masses, who have a much harder time affordably buying and fixing them up. There aren't enough potential rich subscribers to justify an ongoing publication.

FCA has not loosened licensing either, so we are still massively locked down on product innovation and development meaning fewer potential advertisers and lack of affordability/competition in parts for enthusiasts.

From a business perspective, no surprises here.

What is there to put in a magazine that hasn't been done a hundred times anyway? Who would a publisher cater the magazine to? The rich, who can afford them, or the masses, who have a much harder time affordably buying and fixing them up. There aren't enough potential rich subscribers to justify an ongoing publication.

FCA has not loosened licensing either, so we are still massively locked down on product innovation and development meaning fewer potential advertisers and lack of affordability/competition in parts for enthusiasts.

From a business perspective, no surprises here.
YOU GUYS ARE ALL RIGHT. EVEN SUMMIT, JEGS, ETC TREAT MOPARS LIKE RED HEADED STEP CHILDREN. I AM TIRED OF SEEING NOTHING BUT PARTS FOR CHEVYS AND FORDS. YOU HAVE TO REALLY LOOK AROUND FOR MOPAR PARTS. WE NEED TO START BOYCOTTING THESE PLACES UNTIL THEY START TREATING MOPARS AS EQUALS. WE PROBABLY RESTORE MORE CARS THAN OTHER BRANDS AND YET WE ARE PUT IN THE POSITION OF SEARCHING EVERYWHERE AND PAYING MORE FOR PARTS THAN OTHERS. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT AND NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE. BRIAN (SCAMPMAN)

I've got boxes of all the old Mopar mags... I just can't get myself to toss them.
There is some really good tech stuff in them... Did you know cars ran 10's in the 70's ? hahaha...

I no longer get mopar muscle or mopar action. All they have any more is new mopars in them.

Mopar Collector Guide, not on the shelves anywhere around Me, & I'm due to revive My subscription...............
Not true that there are only new cars in them, but they are in every issue, at least one or two. What would you have them do, ignore what is being built today?
There are new products for us being released all the time, new people entering our hobby, and things like the dedication of those who have resurrected the Poly"A"
engine.............this has "been done"? I still have My CPPA,Chrysler Power,and really, every mag since '82 and up in boxes, there are lots of great tips & tech there.
There's also evidence as to how far we've come as Mopar fans, and there is much to be had today that was almost a dream back then, thanks to the exposure these
mags gave us & our passion for Mopars................be just a little grateful.

-
Back