Mopar Match Racing

-

Chris3racing

Reaction score
I have just learned that there will be a match race between original Sox & Martin Duster and the Motown Missle at Roxboro Dragway on Thursday, October 16. For more racing information go to their web site for other races that night. This will be something to see. Sox & Martin cars are no stranger to Roxboro Dragway (for the Old Timers, Person County Dragstrip). These cars have already been involved in some match races around the Ohio area. Now they will return south.

The drag race reunion is the three days following this race.

That has to be the coolest I've heard of in a long time!! Gotta have pics and or vids!

This was really a lot of fun. As it turned out my son was asked to drive the Missile. Mopar match racing at Roxboro (Person County) Dragway the way it was done 30+ years ago. Everyone there had a good time. Nothin like seeing those two cars come out of the water box and do a burn out, past the tree, and down the track again after all of these years.

I will post all of the pictures and link the videos as soon as I can. By the way, there is more of this to come. Possible Sox & Martin vs Motown vs Grumpy's Monza vs Ford (not sure just yet). Lots of conversations and negotations currently in the work for next year at a track near you.

-
Back