Mopar missed the boat......again

-
Even if they built exactly what you wanted and priced it in the same manner would you buy it anyway?

I bought a brand new Ford Powerstroke I liked, so yeah, I might buy a Ram.

Even if they built exactly what you wanted and priced it in the same manner would you buy it anyway?

Probably not Robert.:D

But, if they still made one of these.....oh baby!

10-3.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 1978 Dodge half-ton Adventurer standard cab pickup shown is a very rare truck because it is 440 powered. (Photo Monty Montgomery[/FONT]

Just this month I sold my 2011 Ram 3500 Diesel crew cab dually, and my 2010 Ram 2500 diesel crew cab. I kept the 2008 GMC Sierra. Why, because the Sierra SLE 5.3L is cheaper to operate/maintain/insure, and each of the Rams were worth far more than the GMC. Presently, between the sale of both Rams, I made enough in profit to purchase just about any new truck I wish to. I'm in no hurry, but, I do see a 2015 pick up of some description in my future.

I like trucks. Old and new, and I have no issues with paying for what I want.

I will probably build another truck, too. Presently considering a 67-72 Chevy with a new LS 427 engine, or a 61-71 Dodge Sweptline Pick up with a new 6.2L Hemi.

I've also considered a 1957-1960 Ford F100 with the addition of a new 5.0L Coyote.

One of them will happen, eventually.

As if all this garbage re-branding and advertising as going "retro", and then this truck comes along, has ruined the modern "Mopar". I won't own a Fiat, I don't give a rats tail how big they make the Dodge emblems. The only car Dodge makes that's even moderatly respectable is the Challenger, until you line up for a race... But atleast it kept its muscle car look. The Charger is now a sedan, and seeing them painted up like the General makes my skin crawl. Don't even get me started on the new Dart!What the company needs is a whole slew of new leadership that is deep seated in the car hobby. These pencil pushers have all but ruined the company. Sad, but I gotta say, I'm embarassed by my own and surrounding generations.

I'm driving my 1990 GMC ,350 V8,manual roll up window truck to the ground. I can't imagine paying 40k plus for these new trucks.

:)
Sorry man but it doesn't look like you will be driving that one into the ground anytime soon. :) Nice truck.

My 97 F150 is still going strong.

Attachments

• f150.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 121
Probably not Robert.:D

But, if they still made one of these.....oh baby!

10-3.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 1978 Dodge half-ton Adventurer standard cab pickup shown is a very rare truck because it is 440 powered. (Photo Monty Montgomery[/FONT]

I know I'm not in the market for a new (or newer) truck, Rick. Just not my cup of tea and that covers all the truck manufacturers. As I'm not in the market, I could care less if every new Ram was painted purple with sky blue pink polka dots and the interior was wrapped in newspaper.

If my neighbor chooses to go in debt for one, that's his choice. I've made my choice: I'll build what I got and call it good.

piss on the new ones......I LOVE my ole 67. at least one things certain.........I CAN work on it!!!!!!!

-
Back