Mopar missed the boat......again

-
I have one of those Blacktop cars. I bought it back in October/November. I have only seen two others in my area. One black one, and a red one. I love the look of it. And that is where it matters. If you don't like them, don't buy them. But to degrade someone because of their choice in car ( unless it's a Honda with a fart can muffler, that is ) is unworthy of any of us here.

To the OP:

What I want to see, and have wanted to see this for a while now, is a mid sized, and compact coupe with a high power motor, and manual transmission. Maybe even AWD. I think the Dart would be incredible as a R/AWD, 2dr with either the 3.6 Pentastar, or the 5.7 Hemi. Yet, where do they go, discontinue the Avenger to focus on ONE midsized sedan. NO new mid sized sedan for Dodge, and no mid sized coupe. I would sell my 200, and my Avenger for a mid sized two door RWD with a V6/V8 and a manual. Did you know that the Avenger wasn't available a manual? How do you have a performance car with no manual? Pathetic IMHO. Back in the day, I could get a Turbo Daytona with a manual... THAT was a fun car...

/Rant!

My car:

Attachments

• 1019131649 (2).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 1019131648a (2).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 1019131648b (2).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 212
I like your idea. They should have come out with a car like that where you were able to order a BARE BONES version sans auto trans, power accessories, A/C and all.....even have roll up windows. They should have brought it back as the Road Runner. Not that bloated underpowered overpriced Challenger. Bunch of marketing idiots they are.

I have one of those Blacktop cars. I bought it back in October/November. I have only seen two others in my area. One black one, and a red one. I love the look of it. And that is where it matters. If you don't like them, don't buy them. But to degrade someone because of their choice in car ( unless it's a Honda with a fart can muffler, that is ) is unworthy of any of us here.

To the OP:

What I want to see, and have wanted to see this for a while now, is a mid sized, and compact coupe with a high power motor, and manual transmission. Maybe even AWD. I think the Dart would be incredible as a R/AWD, 2dr with either the 3.6 Pentastar, or the 5.7 Hemi. Yet, where do they go, discontinue the Avenger to focus on ONE midsized sedan. NO new mid sized sedan for Dodge, and no mid sized coupe. I would sell my 200, and my Avenger for a mid sized two door RWD with a V6/V8 and a manual. Did you know that the Avenger wasn't available a manual? How do you have a performance car with no manual? Pathetic IMHO. Back in the day, I could get a Turbo Daytona with a manual... THAT was a fun car...

/Rant!

My car:

I now know whats gheyer than a murdered out car....

A murdered out truck.:violent1:

RustyRR It is quite clear to me that you have not driven a 6.4L SRT8 Challenger...It may be heavier then the Camaro and the Mustang but with a top speed in all three of over 175MPH I want something with some weight to it...The Challenger is also the most comfortable to drive of the three....I am not calling you out just my opinion and its like an *** everyone has one and some stink...I personally like all three and if I were loaded I would own all three each one has its good and bad points...Bill:burnout::burnout::burnout:

I don't get it either. Went to look at new trucks last fall and everything is a freakin monster truck with a monster price nowadays. A regular guy can't afford a new truck if you have any other payments at all. Gonna drive my Dakota into the ground. By then I'll probably have to buy a Peterbuilt but by golly I'll have the biggest truck on the block, even if it is useless to me

To me I call it "Hyper Capitalism" a little is not enough, more doesn't suffice.... "They" want it all. Greed, hype and propaganda. Its ballooned into something that nobody can stop. Us condensers of old junk know a bargain when we see one, and when we are blinded by desire. Hence the 4000.00 dollar exhaust manifold.

RustyRR It is quite clear to me that you have not driven a 6.4L SRT8 Challenger...It may be heavier then the Camaro and the Mustang but with a top speed in all three of over 175MPH I want something with some weight to it...The Challenger is also the most comfortable to drive of the three....I am not calling you out just my opinion and its like an *** everyone has one and some stink...I personally like all three and if I were loaded I would own all three each one has its good and bad points...Bill:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Yeah I have driven one. Almost bought one before I bought my Jeep in 08. Answer me this genius. Where you gonna go 175 MPH? The Challengers in stock form by comparison are slow 0-60 compared to the rustang and cajunko and more costly. THAT is what I was referring to and it's a fact.

I like it. Especially since they are paying attention to the HD 2500 and 3500 rigs, instead of just the wimpy li'l 1500's.

:poke:

I'm not a fan of 40k trucks with a center console (should be able to slide across the seat IMO). Or the murder look. But the fact is the auto manufacturers follow the trends that are happening with the aftermarket and custom vehicles. Look at big bright shiny rims on any vehicle. It wasn't long ago you had to go to a wheel and tire shop to get 20's, now every truck has big bright shiny rims available. If all kinds of people are painting their rides black, why shouldn't they get in on the action? Like I said, it's not for me, but there are enough people that do, so mopar thought they'd try it out and offer something for that crowd.

I wish they would come out with version that's like a Furd Raptor. Not too much attitude, not to little. Nice aggressive look, bigger tires. Have no idea what they cost, so maybe my point is moot.

44k would get a hemi in my 3 old mopars!

unfortunately trucks and cars in general have had major price increases. This is going to continue as new regulations are being implemented continually. However, these are great trucks and priced very comparable if not under their major competition. I think overall they have done an outstanding job with these trucks, keeping them fresh, and above the competition. Packages like this may not be for you, but they are cool and keep enthusiasts interest up. If you are a mopar fan, you should be proud of these vehicles. This truck outsold the brand new Chevy this month. I'm glad to see them gaining ground, and hope they continue to do so.

I'm not a fan of 40k trucks...

...I wish they would come out with version that's like a Furd Raptor....

lmao... :scratch: Yep, that point is moot!

Raptor: $40,098.29 - $44,135.00, and that's just shopping a local lot. I'm [retty sure they can get a lot more expensive, too.

Yeah I have driven one. Almost bought one before I bought my Jeep in 08. Answer me this genius. Where you gonna go 175 MPH? The Challengers in stock form by comparison are slow 0-60 compared to the rustang and cajunko and more costly. THAT is what I was referring to and it's a fact.
The article was in Muscle Car review and they ran all 3 for 1.5 miles in the Mojave Desert...BUT the Mustang was 668 Hp the Camaro was 558 Hp and the Challenger was 495 Hp..So HOW is any of the stats even fair comparing majorly different cars and engines....Just saying if you are going to compare.. Compare apples to apples...Bill:sad1::eek:ops:

Then compare them to how they roll off the lot. I never mentioned any article. The Challenger is the slowest of the three. PERIOD. I don't even know what you're talking about. Almost to incoherent to understand.

I don't think Ma is missing out by making a trim package to target a sales niche.

I don't think Ma is missing out by making a trim package to target a sales niche.

Bingo... you snooze and you loose...

Like it or not others will buy the high priced cars/trucks, one day they will trickle down to us and there will be many of us that will be more than happy to own them. I usually get them when they are 10 years old and need repaired.

I imagine a lot of those new car/truck guys think we are foolish because we put more than twice the money in our cars than we could ever get back and spend countless hours hunting parts plus working on them. What are they doing with their high-priced rides while we are dealing with our projects??? Enjoying them....

The Camaro and Mustang right off the lot are Lighter and More Horse Power.. So It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the Hp. to weight ratio is way different and yes they will be faster...Over all and in the 60' times...Don't understand what is so hard to figure out...I just was mentioning the top speeds of the 3 were very close.. And OH by the way the cars tested Mustang and Camaro were 10K-15k higher in price and a year newer then the Base SRT8 Challenger ..No you didn't mention an article...But you did say."They should have brought it back as the Road Runner. Not that bloated underpowered overpriced Challenger. Bunch of marketing idiots they are". And for some that happen to own and the others that are true to the product/Mopar. I think it you should have all the facts before making comments you cant back...PERIOD

Look chief, I don't have to have fact ONE to back up MY OPINION. Is that clear enough for you? I don't understand why you want to argue where there is no argument. Regardless of price, the Challenger is slowest of the three. PERIOD. The only way it can compete is with the aftermarket and when you throw the aftermarket at the other two the playing field is leveled. I don't really care how you want to compare them. My opinion is just that. Mine.

The Camaro and Mustang right off the lot are Lighter and More Horse Power.. So It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the Hp. to weight ratio is way different and yes they will be faster...Over all and in the 60' times...Don't understand what is so hard to figure out...I just was mentioning the top speeds of the 3 were very close.. And OH by the way the cars tested Mustang and Camaro were 10K-15k higher in price and a year newer then the Base SRT8 Challenger ..No you didn't mention an article...But you did say."They should have brought it back as the Road Runner. Not that bloated underpowered overpriced Challenger. Bunch of marketing idiots they are". And for some that happen to own and the others that are true to the product/Mopar. I think it you should have all the facts before making comments you cant back...PERIOD

Vehicles are expressive. Dodge has always been clever about its special packages.
What? A 69 M code 440 6 pack Roadrunner for $4800.00? Wish I had 20 of them now.

I'm driving my 1990 GMC ,350 V8,manual roll up window truck to the ground. I can't imagine paying 40k plus for these new trucks.

:)

Attachments

• GMC.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 169
-
Back