MOPAR MUSCLE IS NO MORE

-
Preach on, brother Joe. The only magazine I really ever liked was Car Craft back in the 70s through about 1990. ...I liked Car Craft because they did stuff like that Dart they built. Junkyard 440 with bolt ons. short gears with slicks. They ran out of time and had to use two big hose clamps to hold the transmission to the cross member. Car still went high 10s. Then there was the junkyard 360 they threw in a Duster actually TRYING to blow it up with more and more nitrous. It never blew. It just kept running faster. .... That's the real reality of hod rodding. Anybody with money can build one with a checkbook. It takes skill and determination to build with a limited budget. People get tired of seeing things they can only dream about. ...
Remember the roof repair with a stolen highway sign? Didn't read that article but I remember thumbing through one and seeing it. Loved that mag back in the mid 80's, actually had Mopars/AMC in it instead of completely Brand C and F.

Tony Defeo...boy are we all getting old.
ikr...i vaguely recall a picture of him on a hood of a car being threatened by someone in some form of an ad Wayyyy bitd.
if i strain a Lot,i think he was standing on the hood of a chevelle or laguna ss??
anyone remember that picture?
in the same magazines was some guy named john who was selling 2 chargers/71/up types that were really rare,i think>? one was a 6 pak car.
i remember seeing those 2 cars for at least a year in the mags in the classifieds.
he may even have worked at the magazine.

-
Back