Mopar Muscle Mag subscription ????

-

Gib Warnick

'65 Valiant signet
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else who subscribes to Mopar Muslce Mag irritated by their constant attempts to get you to pay for renewable way before it runs out? Today I got a statement with large "CUT OFF DATE'' OF 08/29/12 on the top in bold letters- when actually the subscription is paid until Feb 13. I know the date on mag arrives a month earlier-but.... They do it about 3 or 4 times a year- they could save poastage and maybe lower cost by doing it only once. Is it just me?

i quit their mag... its pretty much useless now...

so i didn't renew as of MATS of last year... and there still sending them to me... lol

idiots...

Got the same letter last week. Im not upping my subscription again. I dont like all the mailings and I dont own a new charger or challenger, so the mag is useless to me...

Anyone else who subscribes to Mopar Muslce Mag irritated by their constant attempts to get you to pay for renewable way before it runs out? Today I got a statement with large "CUT OFF DATE'' OF 08/29/12 on the top in bold letters- when actually the subscription is paid until Feb 13. I know the date on mag arrives a month earlier-but.... They do it about 3 or 4 times a year- they could save poastage and maybe lower cost by doing it only once. Is it just me?

the magazine is really crap these days.......my subcription is up with the december issue .......tooo much late model crap and hacked up half-baked race cars ......your right they keep sending letter after letter to renew ...im not going to this time ......i have back issues all the way back to the late 90s and i look at old issues and still have fun reading them .......this last year had to be thier worst year ever.......what happened to the tech articles for the old cars that were actualy useful.......

Well not only that, which I did find annoying, what about the price??? I wouldn't be so bad if you got honest fair information, but to have to look at their so-called tech that's nothing more than an ad for some company. They certainly don't have our best interests at heart.I'm not going to pay $30 a year for two years for a bunch of ads in disguise.

And another thing...Did you ever notice that those renewal letters they send are for a different (higher) subscription price then whats on the card that always falls out? I called them and complained and got 2 years for the price of one. I agree this may be my last year after 10+ years. Tired of looking at the late model ads, pics, and tech articles. If I wanted to read about a 2012 Challenger, I would go to a stealership...

i wouldnt spend the time to actually read any of advertisement when i can get 20 times the info and 50 times the pics right here in front of my monitor for free

This is why I gave up my subscription. Don't need that bullshit

I quit mine to for all the same reasons mentioned above!! They were calling me for months afterwards trying to get me to renew. Finally one time the phone rang I told the guy (who by the way couldn't even speak English very well) that I will not renew so quit calling, he asked why so I told him the magazine sucked!!! No more calls.......:glasses7:

At the Mopars in the park show here in MN Mopar Collectors Guide is there every year, with a big booth on each end of the swap area, the editor is there along with hot babes at both stands, shirts, metal Mopar signs, and last year the Dodge A-100 van they built. Very nice to boot too!! This year for the first time Mopar Muscle was there with one small table and a banner, only one guy, right across from MCG's stand lol!! Barely noticed them there, hell, my FABO banner was bigger!!!

I have the mag from day 1 but let it runout this june for all the same reasons. FABO web sight is far better . THANKS ALL

Called me alot on my cell phone trying to get me to renew even though I wasn't due to run my subscription out for almost a year. I let it run out and haven't resubscribed because of the hassle they gave me.

i can't be bothered with any of the mopar magazines. stopped my subscriptions years ago and don't miss them at all. it was all the same regurgitated crap every month.

who needs a magazine!! I have Fabo & it's affiliates, I use the subscription money for a gold membership. Now the throne room material is a little sparse-- don't spend time in there anymore!
Lawrence

I just subscribe for the free t-shirt at the Nats every year.

Yeah, I'm sick of them asking for payment 6 months before the subscription is due. Not only that, them or one of the other ones sells our info to other companies. Let me explain....

I bought my dad's old house from my brother after he decided it was not convenient for him. Now when I give out my info, somehow HIS address comes up. I have tried to contact the companies involved where I think the problem is and no avail... Whenever I signed up for the magazine, I would give my name and my address on the application form and the same name and address is on my check that I use to pay for it. Somehow three months after I subscribe, the magazines show up at my brother's NEW house with my name on it. An address that wasn't associated with him while we worked out the deal on the house.

Sooooo......

After this happening for two years, I noticed that the subscriptions that I get for my son come like they should TO MY ADDRESS. Last year I used an alias for my name to see if the subscription will start showing up correctly, and it worked. I brain farted while I was subscribing and used the same alias for two of the magazine subscriptions. Then at Christmas time, I get an envelope with preprinted mailing return address labels in the name "Ben Dover" and my address from a charity looking for a donation...

Sooo....

This year I had a prepared list of names and now subscribed to each magazine with a different alias. Now if it happens this year, I will know who did it by the name on the preprinted address labels they so thoughtfully make for me.

I let mine run out too!! Renewal was too darn expensive and as usual, the engine challenge is the same, sb,b/rb, and hemi. Why not the late model hemi??

I let my subscription run out 2 years ago. The Tech was rediculous. "How to install a Hemi in your Neon in your driveway for $500" Totally misleading, since the article mentions about $20,000 in tools, parts, and resources.

Also, the editor, who seems like a good guy, bought a CLEAN red Dart Sport for supposedly $900 and did all these "low buck" mods. I don't know where these guys get their balls.

About the mail notices to renew, I get that for a couple gun magazines I used to subscribe to. I think to myself 'wait a minute, didn't I just send them a check six months ago?' Seems that's the thing nowadays.

Like it has been said above, I get my tech from guys like you on this forum! Thanks FABO!

X2,on FABO! I do like,M.C.G,they do write good product.Mopar Action,as well.

MCG is a good magazine. They are actually interesting and had quite a few stands at Carlisle. The shirts are always nice too.

-
Back