Mopar Muscle Magazine

-

bbeep71

Reaction score
Is Mopar Muscle(Harris Publications) magazine stopping publication of the magazine?

Harris has never produced that magazine, and Harris publications is now defunct.

Harris DID produce Mopar Action, which is currently finding an alternative.

I don't see how Mopar Muscle will survive either. The price is too high to read about the same type of cars and builds month after month. I've been a subscriber since the very first issue, but this month I received my last issue and I didn't renew. That copy has been sitting on my desk for several days and I haven't even opened it.

Mopar muscle, in MY opinion, is about the worst magizine printed. Its bassically just one huge advertisement.

I'm guessing all magazines will be going the way of the Dodo bird before long. A local bookstore recently closed and now Hastings is filing bankruptcy. The owners of those places told me that paper books and hard copy media are no longer selling. Books have gone to Nook or similar, music has gone to ITunes or MP3, movies stream from the net and games are digital or online. Everything goes digitally to the cell phone. Bye bye books, magazines, etc.

Other than the progress of technology, MM is now just a advertisement for ultra high dollar, modernized, pro-touring cars. I think in the last issue there wasn't even any tech Q&A.

Between the Government and technology you won't be allowed to have a car hobby let alone read about it.

Such a cynical veiw of how there just selling parts through stories.

I wonder how replicaracer43 & Dano would do as a writer/publisher of a rag?

LOL!
But I'd probably still enjoy the read!

Harris has never produced that magazine, and Harris publications is now defunct.

Harris DID produce Mopar Action, which is currently finding an alternative.
So, what is Mopar Action going to do now that Harris is done?

I love mopar muscle. Great articles and great cars in it. I really hate that everything is going digital. I really prefer to look at something real and hold it than on my I phone or computer. Mopar muscle and all the rest of the mopar mags have been good for this hobby in many ways. I hope they all survive.

That same struggle...paper vs. digital.

It's inertia: the car guy thing is not what it used to be, and the average car guy is getting older. Young people don't care about print media. It will slowly die until it's rare enough that somebody thinks it is cool, again, and then the print will rise again as the production in independent, creative people. Just as musclecars did in the late 70's through the 90's.

Weeeellll, there is a little ray of hope on the far horizon:

Athlon Media said to be eyeing shuttered niche magazines

The magazines Athlon is said to be buying from Harris include gun titles Rifle Firepower and Tactical Weapons, auto buff books Mopar Action and Rides, home and craft titles including Quilt, Romantic Country and Flea Market Style — and even an agricultural title, Potato Grower.

So I got my renewal from Mopar Muscle today.
12 issues for $44.97.
A new subscription is $26.97 for 12 issues.
Make sense ???

No need for magazines now since the internet.

MM brought me to this site, an article about the site PO's car. Gave up on the mag about 3 years ago. Too expensive and no cars in my reality. Still take Hot Rod mag though.

i've subscribed to mopar muscle for at least 5 years. i'm getting ready to renew. the letters they've been sending me keep stressing the "on line" version and asking if i want that. i've always liked car magazines because i sit in a chair or lay on the couch and just leisurely look at the magazine. you really can't do that with a computer. AND i have a large collection of old magazines. i like to look through them sometimes to see old articles and old prices. mopar muscle does have a lot of ads but that's ok with me, it gives me information about various vendors and i know the ads keep the magazine in business.

It's just a sign of the times. Remember how big Block Buster Video use to be? All the Redbox,Net Flix, ETC made them go the way of the dinosaur. Sure they are going to push on-line media, look at the money they will save over producing an actual magazine. Not to mention postage.

-
Back